Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Approved Used Warranty.

helmar

Last June I purchased my 09 plate Auris 1.33 .Last month it needed its Major service+ being 4yrs old. I asked two independent motor engineers would it invalidate the warranty supplied with vehicle on purchase, as it was a Toyota approved vehicle if it was serviced by someone other than Toyota, using approved parts and service book updated with a garage stamp. Both of the engineers said it would not invalidate the warranty. Interested to hear any comments re experience of this subject. I am familiar with the fact that a new vehicle can be serviced by other dealers without invalidating the warranty, but not sure on used vehicles.

The reason I am asking the question is I have a very short time left on warranty and today I seem to have adopted a whine from the gearbox.

The Block Exemption Regulation, where car manufacturers are no longer be able to make the car warranty conditional on having the oil changed, or other car services carried out, only in authorised garages, only applies to the new car warranty.

Other warranties may require the car to be serviced by the appropriate dealer network - I know the Toyota extended warranty requires this (see http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&fullwidth=true&noLeftMenu=true&forceText=&edname=Owners-Warranty-Extended&zone=Zone+Ownership&id=Owners-Warranty-Extended) , and I would presume the same applies to the Toyota Approved Car warranty.

As it is a Toyota warranty, I would have thought the obvious people to ask about the warranty conditions would have been Toyota, rather than third parties.

• Like 1

FROSTYBALLS.

Thanks for your input, I fear I may have shot myself in the foot on this one. I like to be loyal to engineers that have well looked after me in the past. But I feel they may not be correct with the warranty information on this occasion.

Might still be worth asking your Toyota dealer about the whine.

• Like 1

Will certainly give it a try, nothing to loose.