Do Not Sell My Personal Information

07 2.0 D4D 1Ad-Ftv Cutting Out At Junctions Etc

killiejohn67

Any of you guys with an ounce of Toyota knowledge please help with this one.

Car has been cutting out while sitting at traffic lights and coming to junctions etc (usual problem EGR valve). Valve has been cleaned out several times along with inlet-manifold. Now a new EGR valve has been fitted and a new Air Mass Sensor and turbo has been recently overhauled. Thought this would cure the problem but it has not and car is still cutting out occasionally and very very occasionally no power when pulling away and sometimes a little stutter under heavy acceleration. No codes and no warning lights to give us a clue though. There is obviously an issue somewhere and car is a taxi so needs repaired. I dont mind the cost of the repair so I would like to know if anybody has any pointers in the right direction please.

Thank you very much.

John Thomson

I'm sure you'll have thought of this but have you changed the fuel filter? Fuel starvation could explain the stutter under heavy load.

Also have a look at this thread, sounds like similar problems, and contains some info on a (second?) filter.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/147818-a-real-challengestrange-one/

hello sir, main fuel filter has been changed every 2nd service(20,000) since car was new.. dont know about second filter but am interested to find out more.... thanx