Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Waranty

toyotadecieve

i have toyota avensis 2009 the new shape one and is 94 k on the clock and the headgasket is gone took it to one of the local dealer and they said to me its not in waranty. they said ur car has 60000 and 3 year waranty. on there website that is the time for hiace or hilux. can any body guide me on that.

We need more detail. As a minimum - Is it petrol or diesel? Which engine? Has it got a full Toyota dealer service history?

toyota diesel tr 2.0 d4d hasnt got dealer service history

i have toyota avensis 2009 the new shape one and is 94 k on the clock and the headgasket is gone took it to one of the local dealer and they said to me its not in waranty. they said ur car has 60000 and 3 year waranty. on there website that is the time for hiace or hilux. can any body guide me on that.

your car has the standard 3y/60 warranty on it. 5 year/100k is june 2010 onwards. Reference the headgasket issue it is also outside the warranty period as it will have the later 2ad engine which has the modified parts on it.

Has it got a full service history? ie every 10k or 1 year? is so the dealer could try putting it down to toyota to see if they would contribute to the repair

Alex

Is this the second new shape Avensis diesel with this problem on here?

According to Wikipedia, the current Avensis came out in 2008. From the AD Engine Out Guidelines copied below, Avensis models produced up to Februarty 2009 could be affected:

"AD Engine Out of Warranty Guidelines (0730J)

We are pleased to advise that we have received more formalised guidelines from TME for the handling of AD engine problems on out of warranty vehicles. The coverage and processes are summarised below.

Conditions Covered

1) Oil consumption worse than 0.5 litre per 621 miles (1,000 km)
2) Overheating & Head Gasket failure due to carbon deposits on the pistons

For all other out of warranty conditions related to AD engine problems, where the customer complaint can be directly linked to a “carbon clogging” concern, i.e. EGR Valve, DPNR, 5th Injector, EGR Cooler, blocked manifold, etc., we would accept this as being linked to an oil consumption condition.

Vehicles Covered

Those vehicles fitted with AD diesel engines;

��Avensis with 1AD or 2AD (Prod. Date: Apr 2005 to Feb 2009)
��RAV4 with 2AD (Prod. Date: Jul 2005 to Dec 2008)
��Auris with 1AD or 2AD (Prod. Date: Sep 2006 to Sep 2009)
��Verso with 2AD (Prod. Date: Apr 2005 to Nov 2008)

Age / Mileage Covered

These guidelines cover vehicles up to 7 years old and 111,846 miles (180,000 km), whichever the sooner. This is conditional on there being a retail customer complaint and the vehicle having been reasonably maintained".

• Like 1

A new model Avensis?!?! !Removed! hell! 2.0 or 2.2? I spoke to a taxi driver with one of these and it had covered 150k with no problems - you would think Toyota would have sorted this problem by now! Shame, lovely car too.