Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4.3 Led Daytime Lights Instead Of Parkign Lights

Eirkir

Hi guys. Did anyone try to fit LED lights stripes in place of parking lights? Our Rav's have factory LED light fitted on the back so imho they should fit LED stripes in the front headlights.

Obviously parking lights bulbs could stay on its place and LEDs could be switched on/off by individual switch if needed.

What do you think?

Apparently DRL's are required by law to extinguish when sidelights switch on, and should not be switched independently. I stand to be corrected.

Apparently DRL's are required by law to extinguish when sidelights switch on, and should not be switched independently. I stand to be corrected.

I find sitting to be more comfortable when awaiting correction.

Thanks to making me aware of this Kevin. I didn't know about new law regulations.

I have read tha Daytime Running Lights should be marked ECE R87 (road legal) and all new cars are fitted with DRL's.

DRLs are connected so that they come on with a ignition and switch off when the vehicle’s lighting is switched on.

OK then :) I'll try to find, buy and install some road legal DRL's :)

Thanks to making me aware of this Kevin. I didn't know about new law regulations.

I have read tha Daytime Running Lights should be marked ECE R87 (road legal) and all new cars are fitted with DRL's.

DRLs are connected so that they come on with a ignition and switch off when the vehicle’s lighting is switched on.

Hoovie's are superb but were not cheap.....drop him a PM.

FFS Don min.....a hunner and twinty six soveez.....? Then ye ask me why wee Mo walks in front of ma Rav with a red flag.....?

DRLs are connected so that they come on with a ignition and switch off when the vehicles lighting is switched on.

Adam......see link to Osram lights in Anchorman's post above.....it shows they seem to have a setting of 50% illumination when sidelights are ON, named positioning lighting, whatever that is (legal UK....?) At £126.00, they should have bloody cameras built in !!!

LOL.

Aye but they look like part of the vehicle an not just added. I would fit them flush in the bumper.

• Like 1

Ah........worth it then......you go first and do the rehearsal.......have a nice divorce........

Aye but they look like part of the vehicle an not just added. I would fit them flush in the bumper.

A bit like these... just below the headlight.. ?

gallery_56959_1575_76036.jpg

They look lush... :)

Now where on earth do you get those from????

Only thing neggy about them, Liz, is that they seem to have individual LED capsules.....Don's Osram ones may be more attractive and less piercing by virtue of being a single light unit. The worst ones in creation IMHO are the ones on Audis with the individual Virtual searchlight bulbs......having been a rabbit in a previous life, I find them very distracting.

Sorry to rabbit on......

In a land where the steering wheel gets put on wrong side.....if available in America, let me know when you are going next.....?

I did find out who sold them... but I can't remember who now..

I'll have a look though my old emails, and PM the details to you..

I think they are available in Germany.. not cheap if I remember.. :eek:

In a land where the steering wheel gets put on wrong side.....if available in America, let me know when you are going next.....?

Not America cos they have never used that bumper outside of Europe.

Let me know if you find it Liz

Not America cos they have never used that bumper outside of Europe.

Let me know if you find it Liz

You just can't wait to tate a drill and jigsaw to that nice shiny bumper can you?

As ma big Irish mate on Conoration Street would say "catch yerself on Alizzabiff "........it's for a Rav and it's from That Germany.....and it's "not cheap"......lol........please find if possible.....awfy nice.

Only thing neggy about them, Liz, is that they seem to have individual LED capsules.....Don's Osram ones may be more attractive and less piercing by virtue of being a single light unit. The worst ones in creation IMHO are the ones on Audis with the individual Virtual searchlight bulbs......having been a rabbit in a previous life, I find them very distracting.

Sorry to rabbit on......

Yes, I know what you mean, some can be very bright..

I wonder if the Osram ones could be fitted in the same way ?

As ma big Irish mate on Conoration Street would say "catch yerself on Alizzabiff "........it's for a Rav and it's from That Germany.....and it's "not cheap"......lol........please find if possible.....awfy nice.

I've found some information & sent details to Anchorman,

( because I'm not sure how to post a pdf document on here... )

Given plenty of time and knowing that they will fit in the same place as the German ones I reckon these would go flush in the bumper;

http://www.osram.com/media/resource/hires/334051/installation-guide-drl-lightday.pdf

£109.38 on Amazon.

The are the ones Liz sent;

Toyota_drl_sets_VK.pdf

• Like 1

After cut the bumper, install DRL's and be happy how beautiful it looks do we need to inform our insurance company regards modifications? I mean only in the situatiuon when the bumper is cut.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links