Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Door Mirrors

didje

Had a 13 reg Avensis TR about 3months now its seems ok but look in the door mirrors and you will see reflection of chrome surrounds from the two mounted air vents on the dash its not a big deal but I would have thought with all the testing/research etc matt black would have been better and not cause a distraction or is it just me being boring

Hi didje. I have just taken delivery of a 2013 TR Tourer and agree with you, someone at Toyota wasn't living in the real world when they made the vent surrounds chrome. They definately distract the view in the door mirrors.

On another note, the two detatchable side panels in the tourer boot were not delivered with the car and so it is not possible to use them to stop small packages rolling around. If they are not standard kit then I feel this is pretty poor - my old 2010 TR Tourer had them. Since this is a company vehicle I have asked the leasing company to enquire with the Toyota dealer that supplied the car but as yet have not had any response.

Toyota are aware that some drivers find the side vent chrome's distracting & will change the side vents for items without chrome's if you wish.

Ask your dealers to look at TSB BO-0045T-0512 if you want them changed.

NOTE this only applies to 2011 onwards face lift Avensis only.

Thank you for the replies wow how do people know these things ??

Because he works for Toyota! :driving:

• 1 year later...

Just received Avensis today and this was the first thing I noticed. Our guys stick black tape over the chrome but it's a bit of a design fault isn't it? Good to know replacements are available!

• 3 weeks later...

Had a 13 reg Avensis TR about 3months now its seems ok but look in the door mirrors and you will see reflection of chrome surrounds from the two mounted air vents on the dash its not a big deal but I would have thought with all the testing/research etc matt black would have been better and not cause a distraction or is it just me being boring

it's not reflected in the wing mirrors but in the window glass itself. Thanks to Devon Aygo's TSB no. my car is due a free fix on Thursday. Hopefully post before & after photos then.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just had my front vents replaced today with the non-chrome version, during the annual service, much better now,  no reflection off the front windows now. Thanks for the information Lee. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links