Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Exhaust ?

Sam1156

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a new exhaust for my corolla t sport. I've seen the Remus exhaust, not sure if that's any good.

Thanks

Hi I think the general consensus is to have one custom made. But the remus ones are great

Custom mandrel bent free flow exhaust is the best way to go.. And get the cat out too lol

What this guy said! Any idea on how to remove cat without upsetting many lights?

Buy a lamba sensor spacer off eBay and that will keep the light out.. Most important thing to do wen doing any mods is to reset your ecu by pulling the negative pole off the Battery for 10mins or else pull the EFI fuse under the bonnet 3rd fuse down from top.. This re calibrated your ecu do it can learn the new throttle tables and fuel trims

Not sure if I could be bothered removing the CAT to put in back in again for the m.o.t, people on here have stated quite big gains not having it on though so valid point :clap:

I think I'd just opt for a sports cat if I was going to invest in a new exhaust system ^_^ , that might be soon as its started to sound a bit gruff like my throat in the morning after a night out! D=

Don't take the cat out just gut the middle of it out and weld it back in.. As long as there are no lights on it will pass MOT.. And the cat is still visible.. Alls good at that

Don't take the cat out just gut the middle of it out and weld it back in.. As long as there are no lights on it will pass MOT.. And the cat is still visible.. Alls good at that

Hah that's sneaky, wouldn't it still fail on the CO2 emissions test though? or be touch and go at least.

It will be touch and go with stock cams.. But as I have mine built with cams etc when I put a slight rev on her she goes through no probs

That's interesting to know, I suppose you could take the car on a hot blast before taking it in just in case.

Those stage 2 cams you have from what I've seen are pretty impressive, I saw a comparison on another site between two t sports and I was stunned at the extra low down torque you get. Safe to say the regular t sport couldn't keep up ^_^ quicker than a type R EP3 for sure.

Yea for sure.. The whole setup I have works really well with the high compression etc.. I have a power fc but haven't got the funds gathered up yet to get it mapped.. All should work well together.. Prob around 230 - 240 Bhp when all is sorted.. My t sport standard was quicker than an ep3 civic lol

• 1 month later...

Would removing the centre box make it a lot louder an harder on fuel? Dont want to change the original exhaust because I like the pur of it . Just want it a small bit louder.

The centre box is a free flow box with baffles around the ouside of the bore.. It will not decrease backpressure removing it thus not changing fuel economy.. It will increase noise but by how much I don't know.. Best thing is to have a sports back box custom fitted to your car.. And leave the centre section be.. Any good exhaust centres should be able to advise you on the best way to approach it.. I have mine done with a sports back box and flange so I can put the standard box back on if and when I want to with a clamp.. But my car has a decat pipe too

Did you cut out your d-cat .? Is it possible to get something to go from the manifold to the back box , I like the toyota pur and dont wana change the sound wit a back box. Looked on the et an couldn't find anything. Which axel back have you got?

If you like the noise you have at the min with stock exhaust don't change it.. I have a replaceable decat pipe so I can can put my cat back in for MOT. And my exhaust is a full custom manifold - back with a split at the rear axle.. Designed and manufactured by my local exhaust centre

Yea think ill look into getting a custom pipe made up from the manifold to the axel . Is there a 2nd cat at the manifold.? Can u recommend any custom exhaust center's round London?

Yea that's the best job.. There is only 1 cat in the T Sport Corolla ZZE123 and its in the mid section between the 2 lamba sensors.. I live in Northern Ireland.. Google would be your best bet.. Make sure they mandrel bend your exhaust for best flow

Yea was thinking that . I had a someone look at it an said ders two cats an would b to much of a job to cut the cat out an weld on flages so I can put the cat back in for mot dont think he wanted to do it . Cheers for that bud .

• 9 years later...

Does anyone know where website or exhaust aftermarket the Toyota Corolla 1.4 16v 97 hp, 2 door 2000 plate any suggestions on back box like T sport and would it fit?