Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 T Spirit 'elastic' Engine Mounts

Dimebar

Does anybody have a 1.6 Auris? Do the engine mounts seem like they're made from elastic? When we let the clutch up in ours to drive off the engine seems to wobble for a while almost making the car kangaroo down the road slightly. It's quite difficult to get a smooth gearchanges because of it.

There's no clunking from the mounts to suggest they are worn. Car has done 45k miles.

Is this a common Auris characteristic?

How's the clutch? Could it be worn or something?

Clutch is fine. It's definitely the engine mounts that have some spring in them.

Think this is the first post I've seen re the Auris engine mounts. How long have you had the car?

Ive had a few 1.6 Auris, never had that problem. Clutch judder could be your problem, the gear change is generally quite slick

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sounds like a lower stabiliser bar/mount has failed, though i would be be surprised if it had.

There has to be a very strong mount lower down to take the torque at the bottom end, maybe Kingo can confirm this!

It's not clutch judder as you can be in first gear and accelerate away and it pogos ever so slightly. I think it could be the lower engine mount. Sound about right. I'm going to change the gearbox oil soon so I'll get it on the ramps and see how much movement there is

It has slightly slow throttle response and feels like a heavy flywheel. Its sometime difficult to move away without loads of revs or stalling just because of the unresponsive throttle just above idle speed.

"It has slightly slow throttle response and feels like a heavy flywheel.
Its sometime difficult to move away without loads of revs or stalling
just because of the unresponsive throttle just above idle speed."

Which would lead me to think it's nothing to do with the engine mounts and more something to do with engine management?