Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeling Noise

stuartgr

I have a 2007 1.6 Auris

It has developed a loud squeeling noise, which is intermittent but now more frequent and louder

I think it was coming from the rear of the car.

the noise stops when the foot brake is applied then immediately starts squeeling again

I put this into a little independant garage and they said it was because the rear discs and pads were worn causing the noise.

???

I would appreciate any comments as i dont wnt to wast money on this car as thinking of selling and i dont want to pay main dealer prices for repair

Best Regards

Stuart

There are metal clips on the brake pads. When the pads are worn down low, the metal part of the clip touches the disc to warn you the pads are low. The garage have advised you it needs new pads and discs, looks like you need to have them changed and spend a few pounds on it. You cannot sell it like that eh?

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sometimes it pays to remove the brake pads,to found that the groove that runs the centre of the pad,is blocked with the dust

that comes of the brake pad,just clean the groove and the noise is gone!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links