Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wobbley Steering On Carina 2.0E Gli 1992

carinaphil

OK, got given this carina 3 years ago when a mates dad died, and it had full dealer history with 16k on the clock. 3 MOT's later and now 64k on the clock, its had timing belt, water pump, service and left hand front bearing changed.

The steering is now a bit wobbly for want of a better word, doesnt pull on acceleration, or under hard breaking. Some one said that a part needs replacing on the carina steering system at around 60k as they always fail/wear out???

Please can some one help me. Many many thanks Phil

The steering rack mounting bushes wear out on those, you cannot buy the bushes from Toyota and you may need a new rack, however you need to do some basic checks first before rushing off and doing that. Have you checked for any free play in the steering? Had the wheels balanced? Always start with the obvious and try as you go, much more likely to be a tyre or wheel balance problem

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Knigo, Thank you for your time, i have a mate taking a look at it tonight, and will let him know your thoughts on what it potentially could be; having said that, hes not daft :-0

Cheers

Phil

It would appear it was only my tracking....... Durrrrrr, silly me, just it has been so perfect, the slightest change made me imagine the worst. Thanks all

Did they balance the wheels at the same time?

Like I say, always check the simple things first..................

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links