Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Revitalise A Tired Catalytic Converter

pcyaris

I just wanted to tell fellow Toyota owners , that my car failed the Emissions test on CO it was running at 0.58% when it should be below <0.30% to pass

garage told me the cat was scrap !!! I was also getting the P0420 catalytic converter below threshold bank 1 MIL

Price for new cat was £400 :blushing:

So I decided to research the web and found that a University in UK and USA did some tests on failed cats, in the fact of trying to bring the precious metals back to full capacity.

The tests they did was to soak the tired old cat for 6 hours in a hot bath of Citric acid.

The acid dissolved all the foreign metals and contaminants but didn't harm the platinum or palladium precious metals within the cat.

Today I had re-emissions test after carrying out the Citric acid bath on my old tired cat, and the emissions were

0.15% , the tester immediately said , " ah a new cat , bet that cost you "

My reply was " nope , Citric Acid " and I told him the full story

He was simply amazed and said he never seen or heard of anything like that before !!

The HC was also down from 89ppm to 4ppm

Works on Petrol and Diesel Cats

I left with a MOT pass Cert and a big smile knowing that I get to keep my £400 !!

:clap:

• Like 1

That is good news,so platinum mines is South Africa watch your sales!!!!!

I just wanted to tell fellow Toyota owners , that my car failed the Emissions test on CO it was running at 0.58% when it should be below <0.30% to pass

garage told me the cat was scrap !!! I was also getting the P0420 catalytic converter below threshold bank 1 MIL

Price for new cat was £400 :blushing:

So I decided to research the web and found that a University in UK and USA did some tests on failed cats, in the fact of trying to bring the precious metals back to full capacity.

The tests they did was to soak the tired old cat for 6 hours in a hot bath of Citric acid.

The acid dissolved all the foreign metals and contaminants but didn't harm the platinum or palladium precious metals within the cat.

Today I had re-emissions test after carrying out the Citric acid bath on my old tired cat, and the emissions were

0.15% , the tester immediately said , " ah a new cat , bet that cost you "

My reply was " nope , Citric Acid " and I told him the full story

He was simply amazed and said he never seen or heard of anything like that before !!

The HC was also down from 89ppm to 4ppm

Works on Petrol and Diesel Cats

I left with a MOT pass Cert and a big smile knowing that I get to keep my £400 !!

:clap:

Great post! :drunk: I've never heard of that either!... But I wounder if this stuff http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/586/archoil-ar6500-professional-dpf---cat-cleaner could have done the same job without having to remover the Cat???

But still a very good piece of info :driving:

I think your advice is a bit of a lemon. :lol:

Some time ago some one posted that you regenerate a tired cat by removing plug lead and reving the engine hard for 2 mins, which cleans things up.

Poster claimed that he had used this method many times.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links