Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speech Commands

duncanda

Has anyone had issues with speech commands on Gen 3? I want to make a phone call, press the speech button, say "Call" and I say the name of the number, but it says it doesn't recognise the name. Yet the name is in the telephone directory. I can speak the telephone number and it will dial it when commanded. Strange! Any advice?

All I want to happen is to press the "Call" button, say call Fred and it dials Fred's number.

Assuming it's the same as the Gen2, don't think that you can type in "Fred" for a contact and have it recognize the word. Far too easy.

You have to go to another screen and record yourself saying "Fred", then associate that recording with the number for him.

It's an extra step, but it does work once you've set it up.

I agree with Bibsy.

Although in my Gen 2 I cannot say the number for it to dial.

It will only accept the pre-recorded voice dial names.

I do not know the gen 3 system, it may be different.

Has anyone had issues with speech commands on Gen 3? I want to make a phone call, press the speech button, say "Call" and I say the name of the number, but it says it doesn't recognise the name. Yet the name is in the telephone directory. I can speak the telephone number and it will dial it when commanded. Strange! Any advice?

All I want to happen is to press the "Call" button, say call Fred and it dials Fred's number.

RTFM - to call someone by name, the voice command is "Call by name" You are then prompted to "say the name of the person you wish to call".

On the topic of voice commands, the other day, I had cause to give a blast on the horn and call another motorist an idiot... to which, a second or two later, the car said "Pardon?" - perfect timing, and hilarious.

(when I went for the horn, I accidently hit the voice input button!) :)

• Like 2

:)

If the Gen 2 voice system doesn't understand, it helpfully tries to find an alternative, the one that I will probably always remember was when I was trying to switch the sat-nav guidance off and the system decided that I was trying to locate a point of interest, apparently there wasn't an Ice Rink near my current location.

:)

If the Gen 2 voice system doesn't understand, it helpfully tries to find an alternative, the one that I will probably always remember was when I was trying to switch the sat-nav guidance off and the system decided that I was trying to locate a point of interest, apparently there wasn't an Ice Rink near my current location.

If the new Touch N Go can't understand, it throws up a menu on the screen of available commands.

If, when you do "call by name", the system finds multiple matches, (e.g. more than one John Smith; or mobile & landline) the system will display a list on screen and ask which one you want.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

oops - apologies in order re RTFM..... when my GenIII '13 t-spirit was first delivered, the command was "Dial by name" or "Dial by number". In the meantime I've updated the software.... so the other day when I tried making a call, I discovered the command is now "Call". Nothing like keeping a consistent user interface!