Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Aero Spoiler

MisteR 2

Hey guys, I know I am in the wrong forum here, but am after the tiny litttle aero spoiler on the rear edge of the bonnet on GT4's. Do you know if it's available seperate and what the part number is? Or where I cud poss get 1?? Fanx.

Yeah its known as part of the Group A package and you can order it from Toyota. Dont have a code unfortunately but its definately purchasable and easy to fit.

Check your local scrap/breakers yard because i managed to get one for £5 off a written off 1.8 SR!

btw Yeah, its not a GT4 (ST205) only bit though, they fitted it to every celica gen 6 after 1996 and it was on most of the models pre-96. Should be a very easy peice to find.

Anyone know the reason for the little spoiler being their in the first place? I guess its to help prevent the wipers lifting while in use!

As far as I have worked out all the ST205 WRC's have it fitted. Early JDM cars do not have it. All UK Cars have it fitted.

It also made an appearance on some ST185's aswell.

The reason that I have been told is to stop the bonnet from flexing at high speeds. That would explain why the JDM cars don't have it - restricted speed. :)

Yeah its known as part of the Group A package and you can order it from Toyota. Dont have a code unfortunately but its definately purchasable and easy to fit.

Check your local scrap/breakers yard because i managed to get one for £5 off a written off 1.8 SR!

btw Yeah, its not a GT4 (ST205) only bit though, they fitted it to every celica gen 6 after 1996 and it was on most of the models pre-96. Should be a very easy peice to find.

OK, fanx guys, will have a gander around now. Thats if I can find a 96 onwards Celica in a General breakers. Seem nowadays, all the sporty Jap cars are being bought up by the Jap Breakers.

BTW Leeky, how is it held on? Is it screwed on from underneath or bonded?

4 bolts, thats all :thumbsup: done up from underneath.

4 bolts, thats all  :thumbsup:  done up from underneath.

Hey guys, still having no luck as yet. I've foned the local Toyota Dealer, but says that cos its an old car now, they have discontinued the part.?!?! So even they can't get hold of if. MANNNNNNNNN. And the local breakers around here are pants!!

The little spoiler is fitted to stop the bonnet flexing, it was for the ST205 WRC which comes with an Aluminium bonnet as standard (Not as sturdy as the steel)

Hey Leeky, u say u got one of them spoilers from a breakers, I don't sposed you could get the part number of it for me could you pls? The local Toyota dealer ain't helping cos its an obsolete item, and I have foned all round the jap breakers, and they sorta laffed at me!! :crybaby: So a part number of the spoiler itself would be nice, so's I could order it from Toyota then.