Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering

Fletchy1985

Hi.i have a 07 auris d4d.its just been in for the steering recall about 4 weeks ago and now I have lost all power steering its like driving a tank!!!ive disconnected the Battery and ecu hoping it would reset itself but it haven't.do you think I should Toyota as I think they have caused it or has anyone any other ideas?thanks

If the recall work was done four weeks ago, I would have thought if the work done had disturbed something, the problem would have occurred sooner. However, first step would be to go back to your Toyota dealer, politely explain what has happened without implying any blame, and see what they can suggest.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was thinking.thanks

I've spoke to Toyota and they said there is nothing they can do and it's not there problem.the auto electrician is going to have a look.its not looking like a cheap job!!!thanks for the info though

Is there a general steering recall for the Auris or just for specific models?

Any info would be appreciated as I have seen nothing for my 2008 SR 180!

Pete

I believe there is a recall on some models or has been.if you type toyota auris recall into google and click on one of the links there is one you can actually check if your car has any outstanding recalls

Checked the VOSA website. There was a VOSA recall for the steering of the Prius, Avensis and Corolla in December 2012 - the Auris wasn't included at all. Only recalls for the Auris in 2012 were 1) the rear suspension arm and 2) the master power window switch.

Mine has just been in for the steering recall or steering rack.the auto electrician has now fixed my car it took him 30 seconds!!he put his hand under the steering wheel and checked all connections started up and it worked!!he initially thought it could have been the torque sensor on the steering column because if it is slightly out it knocks the power steering out I read on another forum regards to this problem this is also what can happen.thats why I called toyota because I thought they may have knocked that sensor when it was in for the recall.i do suggest to other people with this problem to get someone with electric knowledge to look at your car first ie auto elec as you may waste hundreds of pounds buying steering ecus when maybe that isent the problem.much thanks for all your comments and suggestions guys

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links