Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Members Opinion

Maalook

Good morning

I am new to Toyota and this forum I therefore appreciate your opinion.

I am interested in buying a Toyota corolla 2007/57 (first registered in march 2007) 2.0 lit ,Diesel d4d colour collection done 50000 with FSH. 114 Bhp, it is 5 door.

I read mixed reports about this model, is it good if so what do I need to look for and is it worth £5400.00

Any recommendations on how much it is worth.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Regards Mac

Sounds expensive to me!

Parkers says for a car with 60K

Main dealer 4690

Independant dealer 4280

Private good condition 3955

A good car though in general

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sounds expensive.

Also something not right about the details - March 2007 would be an 07 registration. 57 was introduced September 2007.

It could have been an old model registered late in the year. Auris had come in by then, but agree, it does seem strange

I bet you could find an Auris for similar money

The last one on that list is only 56K miles, £500 more but an 08 plate, must be a better buy IMHO

Good Afternoon thanks for the reply

I may have included the wrong reg details. it is as follows.

Toyota Corolla, hatchback, Special Edition, 2.0L D-4D Colour Collection, 07 reg - 2007

Metallic Sky Blue, First registered 30/03/2007 , car bought 05-2007 as preregistered with 10miles.

Based on this, how much shall i ask him to reduce it by ? has there been any recalls for this model?

Apologies for all this, it is best to get your opinion on this.

regards

Mac

Is it a private or dealer sale?

It is £1000 overpriced

You could get a newer car, with 12 month warranty etc etc for similar or slightly more money

Toyota tend to use the Colour Collection trim level on cars either to provide a boost in sales or where they nearing the end of their production life (as in the case of this Corolla). I had a 2006 Colour Collection 1.4 for three years from new - no problems at all.

Think the price to aim for is around £4400 for a private sale.

Have a look at the Honest John review regarding possible bad points - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/corolla-and-verso-2002/?section=bad

If you have the actual registration, use the Toyota Recall Checker - http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&fullwidth=true&noLeftMenu=true&forceText=&edname=Owners-Info-Recall&id=Owners-Info-Recall&zone=Zone+Ownership&sr=Mall - to check whether any recall work is due.

Parts-King's comment re getting a newer vehicle for a bit more with more protection for yourself (ie Toyota Approved warranty, more comeback with a dealer than a private sale, etc) is well worth considering.

Is it due a service/MOT?

Many thanks

I shall offer him £4100, and see what he says, if he agrees will shake on it, if not i will walk away

If he does say yes, what do i need to look out for?

Look for all the usual things, is it in good condition? does it look like it has been looked after? Scuffs, bumps, things worn or damaged would have me thinking it is unloved. Are the tyres in good condition, does it have oil in it? If you are not confident that you know what you are looking for, take someone with you who does

You might pay a bit more from a dealer but it will be warranted and you do have a comeback, you dont with a private sale

Thank you all for your participation and input.

Have a great weekend

Mac

hi there I have just got a Toyota starlet ep70 48000 miles in amazing condition like new! I cant find one anywhere lol how much will this be worth?

good morning

Further to my query about the toyota corolla, i checked the car this morning

It is 2007/07 silver, 50,500 miles, the car was a demo car(10 miles) before being bought by the current owner, mainly motorway driving.

it is 4d-d 2.0 lit diesel 114 bhp, has full history( not toyota garage) with all stamps in the book, mot for 10 months, tax for 6 months, no advisory notes on the mot.

It is 5 door, start first time, had new Battery and rear brakes replaced.

I contacted toyota today, no recalls what so ever on this car.

i can get the car for £4000.00 private seller

When is the cam belt suppoosed to be replaced on this car?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Regards

The 2.0 D4D engine in the Corolla is the 1CD-FTV. The cam belt should be changed at 5 year or 60,000 mile intervals.

hi thanks for the reply,

As the car has done 50500 miles and is 2007/07 reg is it a problem? sorry to sound too naive about all this .

so is £4000 a reasonable price ,and what is the likely cost of replacing the cam belt on this car.

Regards

MAC

I would check with the previous owner first as to whether the cambelt was changed at five years - the change is due at five years or 60,000 whichever occurs first - and if he says it was changed at five years, see whether he can supply documentary evidence of this.

If it hasn't been done, I would suggest to get the belt changed as soon as possible. Not sure about cost.

Good morning

I know this is a Toyota forum but it will interesting to get your opinion, whether to go for a Toyota corolla 2007/07 colour collection FSH 50,000 miles ( cam belt not changed yet) 2.0 lit d4d 5 door immaculate condition

Or ford focus 1.8 style Tdci 5 door 44000 miles FSH 2007 model, both private sale for £3900.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated

Regards

mac

Hello Again

Can you tell me if the Toyota Corolla d-4d 2.0 lit diesel 2007/07, colour collection has diesel particle filter please?

Regards

Don't think it does have a DPF.