Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Spotting

Just a general query really. On Thursday I was sat in MacD's eating my meal when I noticed a Silver iQ parked up. This was at Meole Brace in Shrewsbury. About 10 minutes later I saw an almost white haired elderly man climb in and drive off -nothing spectacular clearly but I got to wondering if he is a member of this forum. Perhaps he looks on here regularly but does not comment, or not often.

When I went back to our car parked in Sainsbury's car park -where my wife was shopping- I saw a white iQ parked up. Two in one day; so I'm sitting there wondering if the iQ is quietly becoming more popular because, it wasn't so long ago I was seeing about 1 a month, average, if that some months.

So Forum-ers, do you see many iQ's. or hardly any a day, week, month? I expect those of you in or near cities will likely see more. The most I saw at once was a trio in Northwich, a Black, a White and some other colour I don't recall now, but all were different colours.

I would say I see another IQ on average about once every 2 months or so.

I saw two in one day a few weeks ago but that was exceptional.

John

I have also noticed more about in the last few months, don't want them becoming common though like all the other Euro boxes ;)

Common as....round Sussex. Mostly posers in white ones...hehe

I think I read in a previous post last week (about another subject) that there were about 14,000 IQs in the UK ?

The other aspect is that when you are looking for something you stand a greater chance of seeing it, most things are already there it depends upon what we choose to focus on, this changes what we actually see.

Positive Regards,

Bob.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

According to the DVLA & the figures on 'how many left',

Road Taxed last December in the UK,

(that will not include some on a SORN and 'In Trade'.)

5520, iQ VVT-I

1480, iQ VVT-I CVT

5513, iQ 2 VVT-I

2527, iQ2 VVT-I CVT

1415, iQ3 VVT-I

780, iQ3 VVT-I CVT

So not that many iQ3 CVT around.

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

According to the DVLA & the figures on 'how many left',

Road Taxed last December in the UK,

(that will not include some on a SORN and 'In Trade'.)

5520, iQ VVT-I

1480, iQ VVT-I CVT

5513, iQ 2 VVT-I

2527, iQ2 VVT-I CVT

1415, iQ3 VVT-I

780, iQ3 VVT-I CVT

So not that many iQ3 CVT around.

Compaired to many other makes the numbers sound quite small ?

I see a fair few around but then again I'm mostly in and around central London. Thankfully I dont see that many purple, oops sorry deep amethyst, so I'm still fairly unique. ;)

Fish

I bought a blue one 6 weeks ago but I have driven the purple courtesy car more than my own.

I was in a convoy of IQ's at the traffic lights on the Isle of Wight a few
months ago.......... Can a convoy be two cars?

:clap:

I was in a convoy of IQ's at the traffic lights on the Isle of Wight a few

months ago.......... Can a convoy be two cars?

:clap:

I think I'll give you that one ;)

until a meet up happens at least :)

I have started seeing a lot more just recently. I pass a white one every day that lives just up the road from me and I passed another silver one the other day with a young female waving frantically at me. I waved back off course but if I see her again I'll be tempted to crash into her just so I can say hello! :)

Mostly white ones I see but there is a friendly iQ3 in grey in the area too that always waves. Strange that I can drive miles on a motorway and all around another area and never see one but driving around home I see more? Maybe iQ's tend to flock together?

Craig.

Scimberk

Hi is the coutyesy car's key fob acting in the same way as your own? As you have 2 cars to compare with

Back to subject. I either flashed or tryied to make eye contact with drivers of 4 iQ's i have seen today. And No responce whatsoever!! Not bothering anymore

Having said that 3 people who i have parked next to during last week asked lots of questions about the car

David

Courtesy car fob works without problem.

Scimberk

Hi is the coutyesy car's key fob acting in the same way as your own? As you have 2 cars to compare with

Back to subject. I either flashed or tryied to make eye contact with drivers of 4 iQ's i have seen today. And No responce whatsoever!! Not bothering anymore

Having said that 3 people who i have parked next to during last week asked lots of questions about the car

David

I always flash my headlights at fellow iQers to a mixed response. Some"get it " and flash back. Many look confused at the madman flashing them. I've lost count of the number of times that I have been approached in car parks by people interested in the car. This leads me to re-iterate a comment I made in another thread in that I am amazed that the iQ isn't more popular in the UK. My only conclusion is people are put off by the small/non existent boot and go no further. It's only once you drive the car you appreciate what a special vehicle it is indeed. People may also think that it is a car only suitable for the city. It's not. We did nearly 350 miles mostly all motorway at the weekend and the car was comfortable and economical beyond belief. Maybe we should just accept it's motoring's best kept secret and those of us in the know are the lucky ones !

• Like 2

Yes, thing is, how often are you 3.5 people up in the car.? Not very often. With the seats down, there is loads of room for shopping and if not then why didn't they buy a bigger car? There is more room in an iQ than a Smart and you can carry 3 people and your not rubbing shoulders. End of story. I have told this story before but worth a second mention. Was at the local hand car cleaners last year and a chap in his sixties came over to me and asked about the car and he wanted one there and then to tow behind his camper van, so he waited until i had finished and followed me to MR T's where i bought mine and went in and bought one!! He was so excited!!

David

Scimberk

Hi is the courtesy car iQ2 and/ or is it a different model to yours? What area of the country are you. If your not far i could check it for you. I am a Radio and Television Transmitter design Engineer

David

The iQ challenges people’s perceptions of what a car is and some people (probably the majority) are uncomfortable with that. These are invariably the same people that mourn the passing of cars shaped like the Cortina. They look at the small boot, (apparent) lack of space in the rear seats and are frightened that they are buying an impractical car. If only they stopped to question;
1) How many times they use the back seat of their car?

2) How often do they drive the car by themselves?
3) Are they happy to drag three empty seats and a big boot around with you to and from work

4) How much road tax do you want to pay?

If the answer (like me) is

1) Never

2) About 75% of the time

3) No way

4) £0

- Then an iQ presents itself as an absolute ideal choice. Welcome to the 21st Century where cars look like the iQ.

Hi Tarquin.

The cars been given back now, Ill take my chances on another one.

Yes, thing is, how often are you 3.5 people up in the car.? Not very often. With the seats down, there is loads of room for shopping and if not then why didn't they buy a bigger car? There is more room in an iQ than a Smart and you can carry 3 people and your not rubbing shoulders. End of story. I have told this story before but worth a second mention. Was at the local hand car cleaners last year and a chap in his sixties came over to me and asked about the car and he wanted one there and then to tow behind his camper van, so he waited until i had finished and followed me to MR T's where i bought mine and went in and bought one!! He was so excited!!

David

Great story David, I like that one. Nearest I can get to that is a guy in Newtown, Powys, who spoke to me outside a Pound Stretcher store and asked a lot of questions about the iQ. When he left he was talking to his wife about getting one of them 'dinky little miracle cars.' I laughed as I'd called it a miracle car. I was hefting four storage boxes onto the folded back front passenger seat and got them all in. I was half expecting them not to fit, that I had my measurements wrong, but they were in and safely too. No sliding about from them. There's more space in the iQ than even I thought there was, and I'm pretty ingenious when it comes to getting things to fit in small spaces. Like, I can actually get my bulk into the drivers seat! Get in there...

:gora:

The iQ challenges people’s perceptions of what a car is and some people (probably the majority) are uncomfortable with that. These are invariably the same people that mourn the passing of cars shaped like the Cortina. They look at the small boot, (apparent) lack of space in the rear seats and are frightened that they are buying an impractical car. If only they stopped to question;

1) How many times they use the back seat of their car?

2) How often do they drive the car by themselves?

3) Are they happy to drag three empty seats and a big boot around with you to and from work

4) How much road tax do you want to pay?

If the answer (like me) is

1) Never

2) About 75% of the time

3) No way

4) £0

- Then an iQ presents itself as an absolute ideal choice. Welcome to the 21st Century where cars look like the iQ.

Could not agree more. Perceptions of people when they take a closer look, and sit in it change like the weather. Even my parents thought it was too small to be practical. I took my Dad out in it and he was suitably impressed, especially by the turning circle, he actually laughed at how tight it was. Funny thing is, he said the same when in the back of the car on a short 10 mile journey to see my brother from their house up in Cheshire. He wasn't too impressed with it then, but he didn't complain about the leg room, just that his head was close to the roof lining and the window didn't look too big in the back.

The point is, as you say at points 1 - 4, how many times do you? When there is only one or two of you to lug around, it's perfect, but then, so is an F type Jaaaaaaarrrrrg.

2ndGear

Must have been the day I was on there lol

David

Spotted my car today going in the opposite direction to me. Must have been being driven back from its mot ready for pick up on Monday.