Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Spotting

Spotted my car today going in the opposite direction to me. Must have been being driven back from its mot ready for pick up on Monday.

Hope this all goes alright for you. Best of luck on Monday.

Ta.

It looked lovely on the other side of the road. Bright as a button and not much bigger.

Leaving (the big one across from B&Q) Tesco in Shrewsbury today I pulled up to the side of a black iQ. I noticed the driver had left the fuel filler cap open, and as she had her passenger window down I let her know. A quick thank you and the lights changed. I believe it was the woman from sales at William A. Lewis, which is round the corner from Tesco; to be honest, she would have been far quicker walking there and back.

Anyway, it was good to interact with another iQ user who didn't act gormless and clueless as to why on earth you would want to speak to them, or just wave because you and they are iQ'rs.

Re IQ Spotting:

I am seeing more now than a few months ago. (Perhaps I am just looking for them ?)

The turning circle of the IQ is amazing and comes in very handy every time i go out in it.

I get asked at least once per week by someone in a car park, what MPG I am achieving.

My MPG even on short runs using scan gauge and some carful driving is averaging 60 MPG (I am happy with that so far)

I am starting to like the car a little more each day.

I can now start to understand many of the comments on this forum, by people who are almost "In Love" with their little IQ

I can also understand why a many of you are keen to make your IQ special for you by making it stand out from the crowd via various mods and changes.

So that's my feedback to you all today !

Positive Regards, Bob

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a blue one 6 weeks ago but I have driven the purple courtesy car more than my own.

I have a blue one, 1.3 CVT. Of course hard to tell the engine size from the outside. Well done for buying blue. I have yet to see another blue IQ.

Waltham Forest are using IQs for CCTV cars - so now see quite alot

Maybe we should have a forum calling card to leave under the windscreen of other IQs

TD

• 2 months later...

Well, we see a regular white one trip across our view some mornings (from south Birmingham to Edgbaston). But apart from that, only my brother's that parks up at my mother's

I bought a blue one 6 weeks ago but I have driven the purple courtesy car more than my own.

I have a blue one, 1.3 CVT. Of course hard to tell the engine size from the outside.

TD

Don't iQ 3s have silver wing mirror housings? iQ and iQ 2 don't even as an option as far as I'm aware.

Near where I live there are:

2 Black

2 White

1 Burnt Orange

Plus mine of course :)

I went on a trip up to Newcastle on Thursday with my youngest lad- he was going up there for... well, can't mention it on here as who knows who is reading my post?- so for me it was just a long road trip. Weather was crap all the way, quite a bit of fog on the way, and lots of rain and road spray on the way back. However, I saw a number of iQ's going the same way we were as well as opposite too. I saw one black iQ, three white, one burnt orange and a blue one.

My son was getting annoyed with me going on about iQ's, until he started spotting them too, two of them that came up behing us, one of which was the black one. I claimed they are a rare sight, he says they are like dog poo, all over the place. Mind you, what can he can say? He has had Audi's, BMW's, Vauxhall's, and now sells Suzuki's and Great Wall 'Steed's'.... yeah, bizarre name, that's the pick up by the way.

I spotted a deep amythyst iQ today. Unfortunately it was coming towards me on the wrong side of the road. It appears the rather elderly couple were confused by IN and OUT signs at a local petrol station. An I'll advised course correction put them on the wrong side of the road driving towards oncoming traffic (me). Sadly, didn't have time to wave as I avoided an iQ pile up.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just completed a cross country drive across the eastern United States, and saw about ten all told. There were five in Burlington VT, with the rest scattered along the way. Not much waving, as for a good part of our trip we were in a rental Corolla.

• 2 months later...

Today at ASDA in Shrewsbury I saw a car almost the mirror image of ours. It was the same colour, the registration began with GF as ours does, but it was a 61 not a 59 plate. However, a nice young lady with frizzy hair driving it gave me a smile as she clearly loves the iQ and was well aware of our iQ being there. I say that as some people drive and look like they wouldn't see Godzilla if it dipped its head down to peer inside their car.

Today at ASDA in Shrewsbury I saw a car almost the mirror image of ours. It was the same colour, the registration began with GF as ours does, but it was a 61 not a 59 plate. However, a nice young lady with frizzy hair driving it gave me a smile as she clearly loves the iQ and was well aware of our iQ being there. I say that as some people drive and look like they wouldn't see Godzilla if it dipped its head down to peer inside their car.

Yes it is nice when this happens. Always used to happen when I had a VW Beetle (original classic not two newer styles).

However, twice I've tried to engage with two iQ drivers in the recent past, but alas nothing. Okay, so the first was a young geezer driving an estate agent's run-a-round and probably wanted to impress the world with an Audi (apologies in advance for any stereotyping), but the second saw me and really couldn't be bothered.

A week ago in our local Tesco, there were 4 iQ's all in a row with between 3 and 6 car spacing. Very weird. All different colours

David

They do seem to flock together. I stopped in Tesco once and when I came out there was another one parked next to it. Never seen more than 3 in one place though.

Craig.

I think the most I have seen in one go, not including our car, was four. This was at the Northwich Sainsbury's car park. One of them was that rare beast, in Blue! I'm sure that's the only one I've seen in blue. There was also a red one and two white iQ's, all within 30ft of each other. I did wonder about making up some business size cards, laminated, asking if they were aware of this forum, with the details on the card, in an attempt to drum up more members. Anyway, Happy Christmas to y'all and here's hoping for a great New Year for everyone.

:xmas:

• 3 months later...

Up in Northwich again today and saw on my way there, whilst there, and on the way back an Orange one, looked rather dirty and dull, a Blue one and two white iQ's, one of which was on the A483 heading in the opposite direction to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links