Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Spark Plug Torque Settings

tiapc

Guys,

Firstly a thank you to all the great ppl on this forum, I've already got nearly all the details I need to service my wife's Aygo..

But I have been unable to find the correct torque settings for the spark plugs. Does anyone have any ideas what the official word is, or can direct me to where I can find it?

Many Thanks in advance!

ian

25nm for spark plug 8.9nm for coil pack

Here is the site thatt shows you how to do it (in Danish).

http://citybugservice.dk/information/vejledning-til-skift-af-taendroer-15/

The torque setting for spark plugs is 25nM, or if you do not have torque wrench, tighten the new spark plugs to the point of resistence and then give it a quarter of turn more (you will feel the washer being squeezed), then stop. The outer bolt holding the ignitor coil is tightened just about to hold the whole thing in place and no more. I have used both the methods, i.e. with torque wrench and without and prefer the no torque wrench technique. It gives a better feed back to your hands. You will know when to stop as the washer gets squeezed. Use Denso spark plugs. No need spending money on the platinum series. I used denso kh20tt. Can even use k 20hr-u11.

I recently changed plugs on my aygo and did not use a torque wrench - just feel the tightness. Have not had any issues.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Very valued, and much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I ve chnaged my spark plugs too and had tightened them, and didnt do any quarter turns and she`s still buzzing away! :D

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

Aygo 2005 Denso SK16HR11 spark plugs, tightened with fingers as far as i could and then did 2/4 of a turn (says 1/4-2/4 on the packaging), or half a turn or 50% of a full circle 😃 no problems

This is a 10-year-old thread, SK16HR11 are 05/2011 onwards, and the correct plugs are Denso K16HR-U11 (nickel), KH16TT (twin-tipped nickel) or IKH16TT (twin-tipped iridium) all are spec'd at 22nm

My Aygo 2007 engine run with NGK spark plugs LFR6C-11.

1kr engines run Denso plugs as Oem, other brands can make these engines run rough, have flat spots in the the rev range, and burn out coils

After 18 months the engine has not any problem with the NGK spark plugs, something important i never change the factory coils. 

Denso is like super market NGK produces specific products. 

On 1/17/2024 at 9:00 PM, flash22 said:

This is a 10-year-old thread, SK16HR11 are 05/2011 onwards, and the correct plugs are Denso K16HR-U11 (nickel), KH16TT (twin-tipped nickel) or IKH16TT (twin-tipped iridium) all are spec'd at 22nm

I'm not native english speaker, does 05/2011 mean from year 2005-2011 it's SK16HR11 or is the 05/2011 May 2011 and after that run SK16HR11 ?

33 minutes ago, TebraOno said:

I'm not native english speaker, does 05/2011 mean from year 2005-2011 it's SK16HR11 or is the 05/2011 May 2011 and after that run SK16HR11 ?

https://www.denso-am.eu/catalog/pv/18813/ignition/spark-plug

this shows all 4 that you listed and i see no difference what was in my car were some NGK spark plugs that had wide tip so they were no Iridium but i felt no difference when i installed sk16

05/2011 is month and year

Denso is OEM for Toyota it is what is fitted from the factory and what the car is tuned for

SK is 0.7 mm diameter Iridium with platinum tip,  K is standard tip

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

Denso is OEM for Toyota it is what is fitted from the factory and what the car is tuned for

SK is 0.7 mm diameter iridium with platinum tip,  K is standard tip

So my 2005 Aygo 1.0  should use K16HR-U11 / KH16TT /  IKH16TT ? 
I mean like i said there was no difference in my engine when i put the SK ones in, but what was in the car before change was NGK spark plugs so yeah, maybe i should try these ones

13 hours ago, flash22 said:

SK is 0.7 mm diameter iridium with platinum tip,  K is standard tip

Ok now i rembembered why i bought SK16HR11 it's beacuse of this manual https://manual-directory.com/view-manual-pdf/?mid=15874 it's for a 2010 and says SK16HR11 so that was before 2011 model, so who is right here? where do you get your information?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links