Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 D4D Avensis With Gearbox Fault.

powcomnaj

Hi,

I've got a 57 plate Avensis Estate with 125000 miles on the clock but had factory fitted engine at 105000, and i,m have problem get gears

coming down the box is a nightmare and sometime can not get 1st, there is rattle in the selecter and vibration in the cluch pedle some times

any ideas???

Try changing the gearbox oil, the 2.2 isn't the most refined CR diesel, you can feel vibration in the gearbox at idle and slightly in the pedal

vibration is when it is under load, just checked and oil was changed at last service (119000), cluich and flywheel was changed (79000).

Im no expert but on my previous avensis 55 plate.. i had the problem on getting 1st gear, it was the clutch not cheap with dmf wheel, depending on where you go £800+..hope its not that!!

Strange to give bother so early after being replaced, especially a Toyota DMF and clutch

I know i got 230k til mine went..its a costly replacement but i'll swap your clutch for my blue smoke :(

Was the oil changed to a straight 75w grade? Silkolen (fuchs) Pro SRG do a great oil. Could be the DMF! But check the oil 1st...

Sounds to me like something is out of adjustment. I wouldn't bother changing your gearbox oil until the fault has been diagnosed. Oil is pretty slippery stuff and unlikely to prevent you from selecting 1st. Something out of adjustment in the gear selector mechanism I expect.