Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked One Up For The Wife Today, Iq2 09 Plate

RichT180

After owning an Avensis T180 tourer for the past 18 months, I decided to replace my wife's battered old fiesta with a little Toyota. We both liked the look of the IQ and the cheap running costs. I don't like small cars but I love the IQ probably more than the wife lol. If we didn't need at least one big car, I'd trade in the Avensis tomorrow. Just thought I'd share my thoughts :)

I mean I love the car more than the wife loves the car, not how it reads doh!

lol, nice one. I think if Dr Who had a car it would be an iQ (bigger on the inside). Glad you (and your Mrs) like it.

• Like 1

Hi RichT180

Welcome to the forum. Lots and lots of really good information on here. Here is the first one. As you have a 09 plate have you checked the EGR valve as a lot of people on here including myself have had problems with it. Symptoms are the car being hesitant to pull away and/ or slow to pick up speed. Just watch out for it

David

• Like 1

I can also state that the support I have had over the last 6 months by members on this forum regarding various questions and issues with my IQ has been very useful indeed.

• Like 1

Should mention the EGR valve issue only seems to affect the 1 litre models so if you have a 1.3, iQ3 like me then you should be good.

Welcome to the forum too. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

EGR valve, had the same trouble on my Avensis, Mr T wanted £400 to replace it, but thanks to advice found on here I fixed the problem with £5 of carb cleaner and an overnight soak. Perhaps it's worth doing the same on the IQ. Is it easy to remove? Any clues as to where to find it, thanks

Here are two pics of the EGR valve on our 59 reg 1.0 manual iQ (the basic model). The pic with the smooth pipe is before it was fixed, the squigly one after it was fixed. Obviously I'm not aware of the technical term for 'Squigly.'

post-113536-0-47192000-1372523008_thumb.

post-113536-0-59119600-1372523097_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links