Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav On 2012 Prius

Hill_Billy

Just got a 2012 Prius. Has a nice dash screen that you can use for rear camera, but no Sat Nav. I was told that Fujitsu no longer supplied them to Toyota in Australia, but all I needed was the CD as the GPS smarts were already in the unit. Is this true? And if so, where can I get the CD, and are there updates available? It seems a shame to have this nice screen, and yet have to go out and buy a Tom Tom or similar.

Any photos of the screen in your car, with the photos I may be able to work out what you need.

Have tried attaching photo and won't work, so here's a link to it. It' a ZVW30R.

Looks like the screen / console in my 2012 Prius T-Spirit.

IF so, then there isn't a CD for the sat-nav - it is loaded from a USB stick that you will plug into the socket in the centre armrest.

Bearing in mind that there are national variations around the world, I'd see if you can find some online brochures / manuals to see what options were available on the car when it was made. Also, as advised above, look in the au forum and in priuschat.

Also, go into SETUP and see what options are available - what does it say there about sat nav, touch and go version etc.

Looks like the screen / console in my 2012 Prius T-Spirit.

IF so, then there isn't a CD for the sat-nav - it is loaded from a USB stick that you will plug into the socket in the centre armrest.

Bearing in mind that there are national variations around the world, I'd see if you can find some online brochures / manuals to see what options were available on the car when it was made. Also, as advised above, look in the au forum and in priuschat.

Also, go into SETUP and see what options are available - what does it say there about sat nav, touch and go version etc.

Thanks, that good info which I'll follow up. When I press the SatNav button it just displays "This feature is not installed". The .au forum is a bit quiet compared with this one, as there's not so many Prius owners over here!

The unit you show looks like the Toyota touch unit as fitted in the UK to which we can add "Go" or "Go +" to T3 & T4 models ( "Go+" is standard on T-spirit ) the navigation is a bolt on control unit which mounts to the bottom of the head unit see here : http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/f127eb1c-49f9-4c54-ad62-3970a447f715/Prius_Touch_and_Go_Plus_RHD_PZ490_00331_00_PZ490_00332_00_AIM_002_327_1.pdf

What I can't say is if the European accessory nav kit listed above would work down under. I doubt it, as Japanese grey imports I have seen in the UK with nav fitted have been unable to pick up out satellites.

The massage you see is because the nav bolt on is not installed.