Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£600 ?!?

JappyBeast

Car has been away for a while so I can get a quote for fitting toms side skirts and doing a repair job on the back and fitting a second hand rear bumper. £1300 all in!

£600 just for fitting the skirts. Does this sound a little expensive? Seeing as people are getting full re-sprays for £1500 and this is no where near the whole car.

So I told him to put the car back together and forget about it. So I'm back to square one. Got the border nose coming soon too!

I would have thought about £250 to fit the skirts but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Any thoughts on this or can anyone recommend another bodyshop in the Alfreton/Mansfield area.

u do generally get what you pay for, but £600 is a bit steep m8...

and sorry i dont know of ne place near u :(

-Z

Mansfield .. ??

Sure Russ would help for half that :)

It took me aprox 2 hours to fit the toms skirts, and we charge £35/hr labour - you do the maths.

Matt.

600 notes man?? U got a2nd mortgage then?? Man, dats like well uppo man. Call them Muddy Thumpsters and get oudda there!! I think 600 notes is more like painting yor skirts, your bumper, and fitting them all on, and probably with some petrol money and a cpl of oz of skunk!!! <<j/k. Mansfield, isn't that where Patrick Stewart is from??

that's bluddy steep mate !!

I paid £500 for all my bodykit to be fitted. then £1500 for the respray.

£600 is well steep !!

so £700 for the repair job ??? That's also steep. I got alot of work done on my car when I first got it. ( about 4days worth ). And it only cost me £350 !!!

Man.... he's trying to ripp you off bud !

I'm just gutted because I wanted the skirts on for this weekend.

Being quoted those prices has made me think about getting a full respray after fitting the skirts and front end myself unpainted.

I need to get this done before the summer.

I got a quote of £200ish for mine.

so it makes sense.

GET OVER TO MATT@ ROGUE :thumbsup:

Being quoted those prices has made me think about getting a full respray after fitting the skirts and front end myself unpainted.

yeh m8 that's prolly the best thing to do.

it'l look weird for a bit but u only havta plonk em on a couple of days b4 u go for a respray so it wont be too bad...

get the lads round to give ya a hand, it'l be way easier then, just make sure u don't get too pisched b4 u finish the job :)

-Z

Can you get something quality like Sarah round?

looks like a bit of celulite there ..

Just on the bottom left of the bumper ..

Talk about a thread hi-jack!

My girlfriend looks better than her on my MR2.

Anyway.. everything seems to back on track, went to see Russell today and he is gonna sort my car out and it seems that the Border nose is also just weeks away!

Anyway.. everything seems to back on track, went to see Russell today and he is gonna sort my car out and it seems that the Border nose is also just weeks away!

sweet about the bumper !!!!!!

Jappy... read the street racing thread in the general section.

oh yeah?

won't believe ya till i c some pics :P

and in regards to the border :drool:

can't wait!!!

-Z

yip.. prove it mate !!!

yip.. prove it mate !!!

I'm bringing her upto Scotland soon mate, she is a babe... gonna get a hire car.. not bringing my MR2. Dont want to give my new Border front a battering on the M1/A1.

Your coming up here?? Got sister? Visit me she..I mean you.. wont regret it :thumbsup:

:bye::bye::bye:

Dont want to give my new Border front a battering on the M1/A1.

that mway's really bad on ur car, and i use it loads :crybaby:

i'm gonna get a car cover for motorway journeys. mite look like a ***** but my car will stay sweeet as :yes:

pizzaboy: dont u rem them pics of jappys? his sisters cute ;)

-Z

that mway's really bad on ur car, and i use it loads  :crybaby:

i'm gonna get a car cover for motorway journeys. mite look like a ***** but my car will stay sweeet as :yes:

pizzaboy: dont u rem them pics of jappys? his sisters cute ;)

-Z

I know the M1 A1(m) roads like the back of my hand, done them a million times and the A1 is a very poor road. My MR2 has done the Scotland run quite a few times but I have decided that I'm gonna let her rest for now at least. Dont fancy stone chips on my front! The correct term for the nose cover is a 'Bra' but you dont see many cars with them on!

Jimlad.. I'll prob bring my 'two' up before JAE so we can do a few laps of the 1 way system (wooopeee) but I dont think I'll get it on my aunties drive with that nose on and I know I wont be able to sleep with it parked on the road...

Oh PizzaBoy.. here is my sister, She is in Edinburgh at the moment.

fiona1.jpg

dude.... lol

y you posting piccys of your sis ??

I saw her out last weekend in the Indigo Rooms.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links