Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Tidy/organiser Solution

hj29

Hi everyone,

Havent really seen any recommended boot tidies for the back of the iQ and was getting a tad frustrated with stuff moving in front of the seats etc. Just though I'd put in a good word for one I managed to find off Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Tools-S2-Boot-Organiser/dp/B001GUZIIC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372101699&sr=8-2&keywords=boot+tidy). Its the Draper car boot organiser.

Its not massive, but fits perfectly next to the rear left seat when upright. It's not massive but is very sturdy and folds up to fit behind the rear passenger seat in the tiny boot when not required. You can fit about two large shopping bags full in it and some other small items on the side (ice scraper etc). If you dont use the rear seats at all, two tidies would fit in the back.

Compared to others, this tidy is very sturdy and has non slip material on the bottom to prevent it moving about. BRILLIANT IMO.

Hope that helps others looking for a similar boot solution. :D

If you want me to upload pics, let me know :)

Hi everyone,

Havent really seen any recommended boot tidies for the back of the iQ and was getting a tad frustrated with stuff moving in front of the seats etc. Just though I'd put in a good word for one I managed to find off Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Tools-S2-Boot-Organiser/dp/B001GUZIIC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372101699&sr=8-2&keywords=boot+tidy). Its the Draper car boot organiser.

Its not massive, but fits perfectly next to the rear left seat when upright. It's not massive but is very sturdy and folds up to fit behind the rear passenger seat in the tiny boot when not required. You can fit about two large shopping bags full in it and some other small items on the side (ice scraper etc). If you dont use the rear seats at all, two tidies would fit in the back.

Compared to others, this tidy is very sturdy and has non slip material on the bottom to prevent it moving about. BRILLIANT IMO.

Hope that helps others looking for a similar boot solution. :D

If you want me to upload pics, let me know :)

Hi Josh, You are right about the boot I'm also tired of stuff falling behind the front seats etc, what you have found will probably do the job, however its a bit pricey at over £26 Positive Regards, Bob.

I have one homemade by a friend.... did cost about 50 euro's or so...

Made of wood (multiplex) covered with a kind of carpet material.

If you lived here: it is for sale... I never ever use it...

I will make some pictures later...

And......done.... Here is one: DSC_2304_zps25a59d14.jpg

Slideshow here: http://s676.photobucket.com/user/realbutcher/slideshow/Bak%20achterin%20de%20iQ

Hi Peter

Have you a photo showing it fitted in your iQ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Peter, Now after looking after all the pictures i feel that it is a impressive bit of DIY and looks very well done, It's also almost just what I am looking for If you were in the UK I would be looking to buy it from you. Never mind something similar will turn up a bit closer to home.

Positive Regards, Bob.

Here is my solution to stop shopping rolling about the back and falling off the edge. It didn't cost me anything as I already had these lying around the garage/shed. Takes up no room when not in use as well.

Bungee cargo net, hooked to 'Child Seat Anchors' for less bulky items.

45764997-3eb6-4cce-a18b-afe3de857f98_zps

Hooked to rear seat anchors for something more bulky.

WP_000633_zpsfcea2704.jpg

Eye-bolts with 12mm thread, fit perfectly in to the head rest holes. The thread also clicks them in to place (just like the notch on the head rest stem).

WP_000632_zpsec7d0dd8.jpg

Can also be used when rear seat is split ;)

• Like 1

Very ingeneous, yet again. I think if you and David (Tarquin) got together and sorted through lots of different car makes, after going through all Toyota's, finding solutions to problems some people don't even see, you could make a fortune selling and fitting stuff. Just a wild thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you tell me the dimensions of the Draper Boot Tidy? I want to know it it will take my briefcase which is 42cm wide

Thanks

TD

Hi everyone,

Sorry for late reply. Attached are some pics below. All ingenious ideas! It is a bit over priced, but the price has fluctuated greatly over the past couple of months. I managed to buy it for £15, which I didn't think was too bad.

Dimensions are:

600l X 350w X 300h mm

There is a section in the middle, which splits the organiser into two. This is not removable, so it possibly would fit in sideways.

Drapers own website are selling them for £20 at present (excluding P&P)

post-100974-0-38686600-1373713652_thumb.

post-100974-0-72953200-1373713697_thumb.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Hmmm. Thanks but does not help with my wandering briefcase

TD

Very ingeneous, yet again. I think if you and David (Tarquin) got together and sorted through lots of different car makes, after going through all Toyota's, finding solutions to problems some people don't even see, you could make a fortune selling and fitting stuff. Just a wild thought.

Would be nice....

Nice to think of a fortune... but alas....

Anyways.... during our iQ club meetings and the forum, we would exchange these things... A friend of us would make this stuff and make a view bucks with it....

Very unfortunately the Dutch Forum no longer excists.... :-(

As for now I am more occupied by the searching for the acceptance by the law for a pulling-hook to pull a small trailer. And my (small but fun) work on paintings....

Greetzz, Peter

PS My PC broke down...

So a lot is getting behind...

And it's summer now in Holland...finally above 10C degrees.... And vacation time.... :-D

Wow ... that's a great one... low and wide... so it's very stable...

I myself have a flight-case that is big ... but rather high, so it tends to fall over when I take a turn....

I will have to secure it to the side of the car .... It's from "Jeppesen"...

Flight Bags / Flight Case Air ... Jeppesen

Looks like this:

AM621300_1.jpg

I got a Dunlop fold up box from Home bargains. It is just less than the width of both back seats with a lid, 2 seperate bags inside the box, one that is a cool bag. The bottom of the box has velcro on to stop slippage and it all folds flat and fits behond the seats or under them if you like. The luggage cover fits over it very neatly and keeps things from rolling into the front....£7.99

No more tipping....... A pen in the holder of the head-thingy... and some cheap elastic bicycle thingy..

There: I fixed it.... :-)

th_DSC_2650_zps77d6d59b.jpg

th_DSC_2651_zps0709c827.jpgth_DSC_2652_zps7558e042.jpgth_DSC_2653_zpse8f6df8f.jpgth_DSC_2655_zps3dbb027e.jpg

BTW... this bag is not the best quality.. it is slowly falling apart... the lock.. the clickers....

As many of IQ owners spend a lot of time with the rear seats down, you would have thought Toyota would have come up with a soloution ?

Lack of attention to detail from Toyota in my view.

Slight spin off on this, one of the best things i did for mine was to have all the rear glass 'limo' covered. So now i can put in the back pretty much whatever i want with out it being seen, And dont have to cover it up. And can be any size that fits , not being restricted to the height of the MR T cover

David

• Like 1

Nice David,

I think mine has privacy glass standard. Would your glass be darker? I think so eh...

And .. is it covered from the inside? That's hard to do...

A very dark film on the rear windows is a good idea and you can see out but not in, I used this on all my cars in Africa for many years on all car windows however that was more of a anti hi jack issue, I might also consider this option on the rear of my IQ.

What I really want/need is a spring loaded strut to put across the car when the seats are down flat. That would stop my briefcase shooting forwards when I brake.. I know things like this exist for vans. Does anyone know of something small that would fit across the IQ??

TudorDriver

How about a simple short bungee cord hooked to the briefcase handle and the other end hooked to one of the child seat anchors in the back?

See post #6 on page one of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the fabric cover ,just attach it to the front poppers and drape it down behind the front seats and tuck it under the folded down rear seats, creates a screen behind the front seats, I've got a plate mat covered in that grippy rubber stuff between the folded down backrest and the seats holds in place nicely