Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise Coming From Driver Front Side!?

terry6680

Hi, my girlfriend has a T Reg 1.0l yaris and seeing as you lot we very helpful in helping me install an aftermarket cd player into her car i was hoping you could shed some light on this problem!?

What it is, when she/we are travelling at speeds at 60mph + she gets this kind of groaning/deep screaching noise coming from the drivers side that seems to happen at random times at long intervals, then it stops, it seems like something might be rubbing against something but all i can say it that it sounds like its coming from the drivers side front wheel arch near the door! I could be wrong as everytime it happens im in the passenger seat so its hard to locate, i was hoping that someone might have a suggestion as to what it could be?

Any help would be appreciated!

i get a similar prob. Drives me ape ****

If i move the window down a tiny bit, it disapears

:ffs:

I used to get a groaning, whining noise from the passenger side in my car. Dumped the girlfriend............noise gone !

(if only it was always that simple to fix)

Rich

:D very funny!

I may try that window trick, although i fail to see why it would be making that kind of noise just because the window is done up too tightly/or perhaps not enough!??

We shall see...... :blink:

i dont know why to. I started punching the crap out of it, and then by accident cliped the window button, and it stopped

there was reports that it could be the wind howling through the air vents

If I remember correctly, there was mention of such a phenomenon at www.echofans.net

It's something to do with air getting trapped under the rubber door seal at high speed...

:unsure:

I had the problem too. Its caused by wind coming thru a loose window seal. if you look at the top rear edge of the glass to door seal and find that it has distorted, you will know what I mean.

I had mine replaced under warranty. noticed that the new seal is a different design from the old one.