Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reserve Fuel Left In Tank

tubaman

As a very new owner of two 2011 Aygo's, how does the flashing reserve tank indicator work ?

I suppose what I really need to know is how much fuel is left when the petrol indicator starts flashinging on 1 bar ?

It varies between aygos, on mine I'd think I'd get less than 30mile but I've only been down to 1 bar once when I first got the car. You're best to refill to top each time and track how miles you go on each bar and the driving style and weather conditions then you'll be able to risk going for last bar without fear of being left stranded

Get a can of fuel and drive till you stop if you really want to find out. I did around 15 miles in mine on my first tank reserve, serving around welsh mountains looking for a fuel station. Didn't want to risk it.

I got down to the little Fuel gauge thingy turning red!

Had little cash on me at the time but went to fuel station and put in 2 litres (The minimum allowed!)

A week later, and just approx. 5 miles, I poured in 31.36 litres!

......I thought that the tank only held 33 litres! :disgust:

Hugo.

Everyone must believe in something......I believe I'll have a glass of wine! :pepsi:

It's not good to run the car on the reserve. The fuel filter will become clogged over time. Finding this out on my work van. Stalled it twice wilst passing old grannies admitting the countryside. Major fail

It's not good to run the car on the reserve. The fuel filter will become clogged over time. Finding this out on my work van. Stalled it twice wilst passing old grannies admitting the countryside. Major fail

so you said........twice :D: :D:

• Like 1

Had little cash on me at the time but went to fuel station and put in 2 litres (The minimum allowed!)

Hugo.

Everyone must believe in something......I believe I'll have a glass of wine! :pepsi:

Didnt know the guage would turn red! Its a black ink LCD display. Would have been good to see a pic of it otherwise as Victor Meldrew used to say "I dont believe it"!!!!! lol

Hugo.

Didnt know the guage would turn red! Its a black ink LCD display. Would have been good to see a pic of it otherwise as Victor Meldrew used to say "I dont believe it"!!!!! lol

If you think I'm going to go and chance going into the red just for a picture, and then running out of fuel and walking home - you've gotta be jokin'!

Like the Daily Mirror it used to be Black and White but it's red all over"!!!

Hugo

so you said........twice :D: :D:

It seems as though it was posted at 12:44 Friday lunchtime.

Perhaps Jamesarcher was in the Pub and having doubles! :hammer:

Hugo.

Hugo.

If you think I'm going to go and chance going into the red just for a picture, and then running out of fuel and walking home - you've gotta be jokin'!

Hugo

No mate. Never suggested you try that again. It was past tense. "Would have been good". I was suprised how we are taking pictures more than ever on digital camerals and camera phones how a snap wasnt taken for the club.

I m one of the few people to believe it. Its a black LCD unit and no one, and not even the instruction manual shows it will turn red/ Based on circumstancial evidence. This will not stand in a court of law. I rest my case your honor. lol

our 2010 aygo has a flashing light and it beeps at you when you are getting low this happened when we 1st bought the car in jan this year

Hugo.

Hugo

No mate. Never suggested you try that again. It was past tense. "Would have been good". I was suprised how we are taking pictures more than ever on digital camerals and camera phones how a snap wasnt taken for the club.

I m one of the few people to believe it. Its a black LCD unit and no one, and not even the instruction manual shows it will turn red/ Based on circumstancial evidence. This will not stand in a court of law. I rest my case your honor. lol

Sorry!

Never even thought about it!

I'll keep 'em peeled!

You've got me dis-believing it now!

The point of me report was that the tank only holds 33 litres & I poured in nearly 34!!!

......or was that why there was fuel all over the forecourt floor?

Hugo :driving:

Might be the fuel-filler pipe, apparently that can hold chunk of fuel but isn't counted as part of the tank capacity!

The tank is 35 liters and with the fillerneck full it can hold close to 37!

The tank is 35 liters and with the fillerneck full it can hold close to 37!

You're so right.

35 it is!

......and likewise I'm so wrong!

......and I thought I never make mistakes! :ermm:

Hugo

• 9 years later...

Well with a slightly more scientific approach, with the new 2022 aygo x it reports 1% changes in the gauge  So from my full tank (filled to max) I used around 5L on the last 100% reading now as it's down to <50% the trend line on the graph gives me a line of 30 x percent + 1 IE the percentage on the gauge is related to 30 L. (36 L total) This will change as I collect more readings.

But you can more or less take it as 30-35L for  6 bars 25,20,15,10,5,0 at each segment on the guage  plus 2 ish litres reserve on zero 

So we have Overfill + 30L + reserve although I would guess that the Overfill and reserve will vary car to car depending on the calibration of the sensor, always fill on 1 bar  unless caught out (I was on  an island on my first Aygo (had 2017,2020,2022 aygos) and did more driving than expected, not good with only 2 petrol stations on the island and the one I was near was dry! 16 miles on zero range.