Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Not Open My Boot Toyota Avensis 2003

Pithes01

Problem with my car,

When I lock and unlock my car, I can hear the rest of the car unlocking apart from the boot.... Is was temperamental for a little while before, but now nothing!

Is there a way which I can get into using the key? I can't seem to make any sense of it... Total nightmare.

suggestions please....

Thanks

Welcome to TOC. Topic moved to the Avensis forum.

You haven't said whether you have an Avensis saloon or a hatchback, but see the following topic: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/131784-t3-x-saloon-boot-wont-open/?hl=%2Bcannot+%2Bopen+%2Bboot+%2Blid

Hi, sorry I should have said..... Major blonde moment

It is a 2003 -06 avensis 5dr lift back 1.8 vvti t3-s seq auto.......

I can't see anywhere from out side the car how I can get it open.....

Hello Jo - copied an extract from the topic I referred to earlier:

"if you have access to the inside of the hatchback or estate there is a small square panel in the lower centre of the door. Remove it and place a screwdriver in the hole and push the lever to the right."

Try folding the rear seats down and accessing the boot area via one of the rear passenger doors, and the folded rear seats. Hopefully you should then be able to get to the panel in the lower centre of the rear door.

Hi, thanks for your help, however I have tried but still not bliming managed it.... Argh....

However I have taken a picture of what is behind the square cover, but it won't let me post it....argh..... Help!!!!

Thanks, but I'm really not usually this stupid, but I still couldn't suss it out, although I thought I would change my profile picture to the picture.....

Does that make sense?

Thank you

Much prefer your first profile picture, and there is no stupidity involved. I've sent Devon Aygo - who I think works for a Toyota dealer - a personal mesage asking whether he could have a look at the topic.

Right on a Saloon there is a key barrel underneath the boot handle, on a Hatch & Tourer you have to fold the rear seats and remove a piece of trim on the inside of the boot lid ( see highlighted part in pic ) then as mentioned above using a screwdriver move a lever on the exposed boot lock to release the boot lock

post-45863-0-49203200-1373145903_thumb.p

• 1 year later...

HI there. Thanks for this info. I have just opened my boot with this method. Very handy. However, when I close it again the lock still does not release. The rubber on covering the switch has a split in it - do you think the contacts inside could be weathered? is it a contact somewhere else possibly. I have a 2007 D4D T spirit hatch.