Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which '06/'07 Rav4?

Apostate74

:thumbsup: i live in durham ill check it out for a fee

What if yer name's not Fee......?

I bought a Peugeot like that, without seeing it. I spec'd what I wanted, the dealer found one "in network", I basically agreed to buy it (without seeing it) subject to it being as described.

It was fine, kept it for a few years/50k and traded it for the Rav!!

Dave

They will move within their group. Not so sure nationally, I asked about one once and was told something like no because the dealer that had the car would only let my dealer have it for full price so there would be no profit for my dealer. But I would like to be wrong on this .....

David

Then that makes it simple............buy elsewhere!

The Group manager wants to sell ALL group stock, that statement should be followed with...............OK stick the sale up your :censor:

• Like 1

They will move within their group. Not so sure nationally, I asked about one once and was told something like no because the dealer that had the car would only let my dealer have it for full price so there would be no profit for my dealer. But I would like to be wrong on this .....

David

Then that makes it simple............buy elsewhere!

The Group manager wants to sell ALL group stock, that statement should be followed with...............OK stick the sale up your :censor:

Kingo,

I suppose I may have been hoodwinked. Do you mean that it is normal custom to move the cars from one dealer to another on a national scale when requested by a customer who is likely to go through with the purchase? If so I need to find another dealer!

Thanks,

David

In large dealer groups it is customary to move cars IF the sales manager is switched on. Some groups have policies to limit movements by distance, all groups I have dealt with move cars at cost, not retail, there would never be an incentive to sell a group car and I cannot see that being allowed, the sales manager most likely could not be rrr'sd and is now probably flipping burgers

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'll just have to go and ask, I suppose.. see what they can do for me..

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

David

Thanks guys

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

David

May be worth a drive to Wolverhampton to see what these two are like. It would give you an idea of what is available.

http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used-toyota-rav4/2.2-d-4d-xtr/wolverhampton/602971854-1323187.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://usedcars.toyota.co.uk/used-toyota-rav4/2.2-d-4d-xtr/wolverhampton/603002263-1323187.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

I have no experience of this dealer though!

All the best,

David

Thanks David

I may just do that.. I'll go to my local dealership in Bromsgrove on Saturday morning and if I get no joy the couple you reference are on the list - as are a couple in Hereford and Wrexham.. Blue XTR at Wrexham - and I do like blue.. Shame it doesn't have leather seats..

It all depends on whether or not I can get enough for my Audi to cover the difference.. between the cash I have and the price I can negotiate..

Another car I intend to look at if I'm over Wolverhampton way..

No, no - don't do it! It's a Citroen...

Which, despite having Citroen badges is actually a Mitsubishi Outlander.. any comments, queries or calls for me to have my eyesight checked?

Clutch and dual mass flywheel failures common when towing because 1st and 2nd gears are not low enough to take off without some slip.

Eolys fluid reservoir bag for DPF regenerating is mounted close to and level with the rear wishbone where it is unprotected and extremely vulnerable to road debris and twigs and rocks while off roading.

seems a decent car otherwise a friend had one but changed it for a ssaynong rexton as his caravan buddies recommend it as the ultimate caravan puller

Have you driven either a RAV or an Outlander Simon?

In my experience the Outlander is great for cruising but wallowy and uncertain on the twisty bits. RAV is 'point and shoot'............

Outlander tailgate is a lot more convenient. How much Citroen influence is there? I would be very wary if they had anything to do with the electrics.

I imagine that they will both feel weird and soft after my A3.. which does like corners..

I'm thinking the Rav is the best handling suv and the Crosser a good attempt at a car-like 4x4 - it being significantly bigger.

The Crosser has only had Citroen breathe on the suspension, softening it slightly, I believe.. I also think that all three (Outlander, Crosser and 4007) are all made in the same factory...

There is no tow bar on the Crosser and I won't be towing.. I doubt much rough stuff will be encountered - unless you count the lunar surface our local authority calls tarmac..

the thing is simon you can ask anyone about any car and you will get a horror story , ive had a vectra and a mg zr(dont ask why) from new and apart from brakes and exhausts WITH regular services ive had no problems with a so called poor unreliable cars you take a chance but a regular serviced well looked after car is worth a punt ,in my opinion

• Like 1

Well, no joy with the local Toyota group..

£1,800 for my car - which isn't an utter insult but still pretty low, but no cars they were prepared to discuss unless I want to go up to £14k, despite this being in their group - although I did say that '06/'07 cars would have to have had the engine done..

I'll try the ones in Wolverhampton tomorrow, maybe..

When they say 06/07 cars will have had the engine done do you mean they would not retail one that had not ? Not all early cars have been done ! That 57 plate car is very expensive !!!!

even for a dealer its about 2k over priced , if your that worried about a 06 07 plate rav dont buy one the worry you will have takes the fun out of owning one buy a petrol one and enjoy it mate

Hey Charlie

No, sorry mate - I wasn't clear. I insisted that I would not consider anything built in '06 or '07 that did not have evidence of engine work/replacement. So, given that requisite, they had no wares to sell me unless I wanted to take out some finance and spend £14k.

Shame really.

Simon

Be wary if the car not had a new engine. Mine had the repair first then 15 months needed a new engine as the gasket went again

keith

even for a dealer its about 2k over priced , if your that worried about a 06 07 plate rav dont buy one the worry you will have takes the fun out of owning one buy a petrol one and enjoy it mate

Wise words and something I would also endorse but hell the petrol cars are noisy hard work if used to a diesel... Sorry but they just are.. But reality says I would only buy a car with a replaced engine ( Not repaired) I dont think I would invest in a petrol personally cos I just dont like petrol cars. I love the low down shove of a sorted Diesel..

Hi all, just got back from our hols. In anglesey and what a tale I have to tell. So checked the coolant level before we set off last sunday and had to top up. Hooked up the caravan and we were away, only to get about 50 miles and the gauge started to rise. Luckily we had plenty of water for our dog, gyp the border terrier so topped up again. We managed to get to conway and we had to top up again. We finally arrived at our site but the gauge was well up so we waited until monday morning and phoned our local toyoata dealer in stoke who were an absolute waste of time! We then rang toyota in llandudno junction and were told to bring it in and they would run a test and told us to call back in half an hour. With stomachs churning we returned, greeted by the service manager who said your new engine has been ordered, the job will be completed by friday and here are the keys to your courtesy car. We had a great time driving all over anglesey in the yaris with great weather to, I rang the garage friday morning and they were just finishing the geometry test. Picked it up friday afternoon, they even washed it off! So we decided to leave the caravan on site for two weeks while I run it in, not sure if this is necessary but great excuse for going back for a few days! So toyota llandudno what a great dealership you are, first class service with wonderful, friendly staff. Specials thanks to Alwyn williams who looked after us from start to finish. Mr. T. You are the man!

Great result ! Now you can enjoy your T180 without worry !!

Result after result, muckeroony......!!! Not only were you driving away from That Wales, but driving away with a new engine FGS !!

You must be like a dog with dual appendages......enjoy yer new car.

Don't suppose you feel like selling it do you? ;)

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, I've never known service like it. What do you think about running the engine in as I forgot to ask and Simon, what else would I buy for the money?

Darren - I dunno dude.. If you think of owt let me know..

Glad you got yours sorted - but it would have been a nightmare had Mr T not agreed the replacement.

How much, by the way, does it cost to have the engine replaced outside of warranty? I think I read £4k - is that right? 'Cos if it's less than that I might be being stupid; I've upped my budget to avoid a problem that may or may not actually happen, thus placing extra money in a car that will depreciate rather than in the bank where it will accrue interest..