Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Avensis 2.0L D-4D Trc/vsc Light

aaronj

Hello.

I have a 2007 Toyota Avensis 2.0L Diesel D-4D

When driving the TRC and VSC lights come on simultaneously and stay on.

sometimes the abs kicks in.

I have had the car in the local Toyota dealer and they could not repair the car they did not replace any components they just didn't know what to do.

I brought the car to a Local Independent garage and they plugged in the car the reading they got was

C1208-Steering Position/Angle sensor signal fault.

and

C1241- Too low or too high Battery voltage.

the codes were cleared and C1208 came back after a short test drive but the Battery voltage didn't come back so i am ignoring that one.

They then re-calibrated the sensor with their computer and the lights flashed in the instrument cluster to indicate the calibration was complete but after a short test drive (half a mile) the lights came back on.

the wheel alignment in the car is slightly out but not enough to put on any lights.

the garage said they had never seen this fault before in a toyota but they will look at it this Wednesday for me.

Has anyone else any experience with this problem or know of any common faults to put on this light.

Thanks.

Yes I have the same problem with my 2007 d4d 2.2 tourer. The lights just come on for a couple of days then disappear for a month. The garage are just liars. Of course they know its a problem, they just cant be bothered. If the car drives ok just ignore it.

When TRC and VSC lights come on could be connected not just with ABS, stearing but with engine as well, regardless no obvious relation.

Try to cleen EGR valve, then disconnect Battery for 10-15 min. and try again...Sometimes this helps.

• 5 years later...

HI I know its a few years since this was post was written but I Just wondered if there was any solution to this problem?

My VSC & TRC lights come on at around 10  miles into journey. Occasionally they pop on at 8 and on the rare occasion i can do my full 13 mile commute without then coming on but that is rare. Turn engine off and on again and lights are cleared. There is no change to how the car drives once the lights are on. I have never tried using the cruise control so don't know if that is affected as some other posts i have found have mentioned. The previous owners of my car said they had never found an answer to what the problem was. My EGR is clean so i know its not that. I have been driving my car like this for a year. I log my mileage start, when lights come on and end of journey and its always pretty consistently the same. Makes no difference if hot or cold, going on motorway or in traffic, uphill, down hill etc. I have tested it on everything!  i don't know how long the previous owners drove it with lights doing this. I did ask my garage to read the codes and they read C1241, C1201, C1208.  The alternator died just after i brought the car (cunning sellers!). So i got a new alternator but the Battery was not changed however the voltage was checked and read fine.

Anyone have the same fault or found a solution or offer any advise on what could be wrong? The car runs fine (until the EGR blocks up!!) so i have learned to live with it, but it would be nice to know how to solve and stop these lights coming on.

• 2 weeks later...

I had same problem with my avensis. Steering wheel was left slightly off centre after i got tracking done at local tyre fitters so i brought car to local toyota dealer and got a 4 wheel alignment done. 

No problems since.