Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Clean The Plastic In The Boot?

bursco

My Auris Hybrid is only 16 month old but the light grey plastic that has the access panel to the boot lock in case of electric failure looks terrible and is marked with "white" markings where things have caught it.

Anyone know or has a way of keeping this tidy - thinking of removing and spraying it grey - seems a "funny" plastic and marks easily even with your fingers.

All the best Denis B :dontgetit::blushing:

Painting plastic trim is always a risky thing to do.......If you attempt it ensure that you use a plastic primer prior to painting or the paint will not last long

Any proprietary trim cleaner can be used to remove the marks on the panel

Armorall, Turtle Wax Dry Touch Trim Care, Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care, Back to Black or similar.

Not quite sure what this plastic on your hybrid is but generally, I find a clean and damp microfiber cloth brings all the plastic trim up better than new.

gt40 back2black i also have some turtle wax liquid ice which works well too

Hi there, AG intensive tar remover can help remove marks, and then finish the plastic AG rubber and vinyl cleaner.

If the plastic is really dirty, using an interior shampoo my be a good first step.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan

Thanks for all replies - have tried BtoB and soapy water but the plastic appears to be "compressed something like cardboard" and marks very easily. Will keep trying and see which is effective - going to cost a fortune if I try them all.

All the best

Denis B

Get one of those white 'magic sponge' doohickeys, they actually work quite well.

Haflords, amongst others, sell them for a couple of pounds.

Regards,

G...