Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fascia Board For Avensis Vermont X Reg

rmarks1

Hi All,

First post, so apologies if it's in the wrong thread.

Looking for some help/advice.

I have just bought an Avensis Vermont, X reg, and am very happy with it.

The only thing I am unhappy with is the cd changer in the car - due to having almost 100% of my music in digital format, I am looking to get a new stereo put in, with an aux cable, so I can play my ipod through the Speakers.

I went to Halfords and they took down the details and ordered a new fascia board for the car. When it arrived, it didn't fit - not even remotely - and having contacted the manufacturer (of the fascia board, not Toyota) it transpires that 'my' model has a different stereo system layout to almost any other. I cannot believe for a moment that I am alone in this problem - but also can't seem to find anything online about it.

I will attach a picture later on, but the layout of the system is as follows: The 'screen' showing mpg, range, avg speed etc is on top, with the radio buttons/ volume control and trip computer buttons. Underneath, and looking like an entirely separate unit, is the CD player. It all has the Toyota logo on it, so it's not a cowboy job...but according to the fitter in Halfords and other pictures online, it does seem that this is very unsual.

At present, I'm not going to be able to get any stereo put in, as there doesn't seem to be any fascia board that fits.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any advice??

Much appreciated.

Rob

Yes, that's the one.

Have you had the same problem?

Sorry no - don't have an Avensis. Just happened to find the photo to add to your post.

OK - Thanks anyway..might lead to some help from somewhere.

The other option is to add a Connects2 or Xcarlink interface to your current stereo if compatible. These devices connect to the back of the stereo and have usb, SD card reader and aux. That way you can connect any device or memory stick/card to listen to your music.

If you choose to change the stereo and get the facia plate, you will also need to get a Toyota to the head unit cable like the following - Autoleads PC2-17-4 Toyota ISO adapter for most Toyota Vehicles.

Look at the following link:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?category=Toyota+ISO+Radio+Harness+Adaptors&Make=Toyota&Model=Avensis&Reg=Jan-98_-_Feb-01&Additional_Details=1281&Submit=Detailed+Search

I would prefer to plug in the iPod into the stereo for full control, rather than use the aux cable - better control and no fiddling with the volume on the iPod to get the right level.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links