Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Window Washer Blocked.

blackbear

Hello All,

I seem to have a blockage between the rear wiper motor and the exit. I have probed with the wire at the exit but to no avail. I have searched my Chiltons Rav 4 manual instructions but no help there. Does anyone know l where I can get a diagram to help me trace the feed pipes from the wiper motor to the exit on the rear door. The RAV 4 I have is a 1999 Heat 3 Door. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Bb.

I think the pipe runs from the front to the rear under the car. Try checking if the pump is feeding this tube then follow it back to see if thers maybe a blockage/kink or damage to the pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bothwell Buyer and others.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I understand your directions with regard to following the pipes.

However I was hoping that someone would have a diagram with regard to where the pipes are situated inside the back door and how to disconnect the washer valve that sprays the window. I have a copy of Chiltons Rav 4 . but it does not show the washer pipelines and the runs to the wiper motors. So I got the Haynes RAV4 manual from the library on Loan and went thro this with a fine tooth comb but alas No details as to water pipelines. Both the Chilton book and the Haynes book are for the American Market and are published by Haynes in America. There is not one for the UK,

you just follow it in reverse order. But neither solved the problem . I will have to strip of the inside door panel and work from there.

I am 78 and disabled and cannot crawl around under the car like I used to . Mores the pity. Ces't la vie. But I will fix it somehow.

Thanks to all. Especially BB. always a source of help.

Right youz localistic to Essex members.......get along there and help ma mate Blackbear oot, or me and Bothy will be doon and at yeez.

The pipe routing is as follows (if it helps)

Does the motor actually pump?

• Like 1

Hello Parts King,

Thank you for the info and the diagram. I have printed it off. The motor is alright.

I was looking for a simple way to get to the pipeline inside the back door but it looks as if I will have to take off the trim and do it that way. I just hope it gets a little cooler. Anyway thanks for everything I might have to do a bit of a bypass like they did with my ticker and I will post a result when I get there. Blackbear.

Yeah I pretty much think taking some panels off is a given

The part number 85031C which is about half way along the car, looks like a joint but is actually a one way valve, might be worth a look?

Good luck

Kingo :thumbsup:

There is plenty of water in? It runs the rear dry before the fronts.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Washer blockage Rav4 1999 - You need to check if it is an actual blockage, is water coming out from the back bumper? If so, likely to be disconnection of pipe behind the side panelling (rear). To access undo all fixing screws, side, base and floor, undo screws inside the tool box area to release panel. Note, panel will not totally remove, just provides enough access. Water pipe is run with the wiring loom and there should be a little black connector that connects the car side of the pipe to the door side of the pipe, it could be that this has become detached. Just reconnect and away you go! Of course do clear the water nozzle with a needle to ensure no dust/blockage. Hope this helps, just spent 2 hrs fixing mine, nightmare!

• Like 1

Hello Morganna52,

Thank you for the post and the information. I will use this when I get to the job. It will assist no end. Regards B