Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Drive Belt Size?

roks

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the size of the drive/auxiliary belt with AC. I got a Contitech 6PK1675 but then I came across Gates, its says 6PK1670.

Eurocarparts lists 6PK1675, I cant see any prints on the existing belt on the car.

Will I have to make some adjustments, assuming Toyota use 6PK1670?

Thanks.

PS: dealer will not tell me the size

Hi mate its a 6PK1670 that you want.Eurocarparts also sent me out the wrong belt and i ended up having to get a lift to a local motor factors to get the right one.Good luck fitting it its quite fiddly.

HI

Not fiddly at all...sorry Theorist...if I can do it anyone can lol :flowers: ...slacken the tensioner...be very careful there...and off comes your belt...but what I find very helpful is to draw out the direction of the old belt and then follow through with the new one...I went for a gates belt...excellent quality indeed.

I was kind of hoping it was the 1675....now to send it back. I'll have to get a Gates from somewhere else, doesnt look like Contitech does 1670.

Thanks guys.

After talking to another Toyota dealer, this nice gentleman from the service department assured me that 5mm difference was not a issue and the tensioner will take care of that.

So on his advice I changed the belt with the Contitech, it was a doddle. The engine sounds a little quieter, not sure if that's good or bad.

I did notice that I can now press on the belt with thumb and it goes down a bit. The old belt was stiff to say the least

Any thoughts on that guys?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links