Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Excel Hybrid Colour Range

geo13647

Hi all,

Now, I know this is really a personal choice, but the colour charts in the blurb are crap.

The colour samples in the showroom are on some scruffy plastic mice, so can't really tell from them either.

So, a request to you, the great & the good.

What colour did you eventually plump for, and was it as good (or better) than expected?

Or was it a pile of pooh, & you wished you had chosen another colour?

Just been offered a crackalakin' deal, so now frantically trying to decide which colour to go for.

I was thinking of getting the bumper & side protectors, however they are usually black,

so that might influence the choice.

Anything else I should be pestering the dealer for?

It's been many years since I bought a brand new car, so a bit out of touch with what one can expect.

Ta muchly,

G...

Mine's a Yaris but I had the same conversation with the dealer as I guess you have just had. If I wanted the diesel or ordinary petrol I could have had some quite nice colours but the hybrid could only be various blacks, whites and silvers which would be hard to find in Sainsburys or crappy red or crappy blue. I went for crappy blue and it is - crappy. Nice car though.

Geoff

• Like 1

... or crappy red or crappy blue. I went for crappy blue and it is - crappy. Nice car though.

I rather like my 'crappy blue' :D

I was tempted by 'Pearl White' and 'Deep Titanium' (grey) but my previous cars have all been grey or silver and my sons preferred 'Island Blue'.

I'll upload some pix as soon as I have worked out how...

Steve

• Like 1

Hopefully you will be able to see three pix of a Toyota Auris Hybrid Icon with black side rubbing strips (essential if you have kids!) and Island Blue metallic paint.

FWIW, I opted for the regular 'Icon' model and added the 'Comfort Pack' rather than go for the 'Excel' because, having driven both, I found the smaller alloys (larger tyres) gave a smoother ride with more road feel. Just my personal preference, of course :)

HTH,

Steve

post-130848-0-14335100-1372866112_thumb.

post-130848-0-40587500-1372866134_thumb.

post-130848-0-22554100-1372866149_thumb.

• Like 2

Hopefully you will be able to see three pix of a Toyota Auris Hybrid Icon with black side rubbing strips (essential if you have kids!) and Island Blue metallic paint.

FWIW, I opted for the regular 'Icon' model and added the 'Comfort Pack' rather than go for the 'Excel' because, having driven both, I found the smaller alloys (larger tyres) gave a smoother ride with more road feel. Just my personal preference, of course :)

HTH,

Steve

Nice one!

Thanks Steve,

My present car is Tyrol Silver, like the colour, but not as much as the birds do apparently. :)

So was looking for a change, Black is just too much work & Deep Titanium, might as well be Black.

The Island Blue looks really nice, think that might just be choice 1.

Unfortunately, I have only tried an Icon, however the Excel adds so much more, & by the time I added the Comfort pack to the Icon,

The deal I was offered was so close between the models, that the Excel was the obvious choice.

I suppose it all depends on which of the 3 versions of tyres are supplied, just how different the ride quality will be.

Regards,

G...

I was tempted by the Excel, if only because I think the 17" alloys look much classier than the Icon's 15" wheels. But my other car, and my wife's car, both have relatively low profile tyres so I was ready for a change. I found the Excel's 17" wheels had less feel and more road noise. The difference isn't huge but it is discernible, particularly if the road surface isn't good. I feel sure the same would be true for any car. I was also concerned the larger alloys might be more prone to damage. I had planned to compromise and request 16" wheels but that isn't an option for the Auris Hybrid. You can can choose 15", 16" or 17" wheels with the regular models but only 15" or 17" with the Hybrid.

Fortunately there is no 'wrong' choice. Both models feature Toyota's Hybrid drive, they are both easy and comfortable to drive and feel well made. The Hybrid drive isn't 'exciting' (my wife's Leon FR is more fun!) but it has plenty of BHP (it's relaxed driving style hides it well) and the Hybrid technology is seriously impressive. It doesn't matter much which one you choose. I certainly have no regrets :driving:

If you fancy a darker colour do check out 'Deep Titanium', it really does suit the car.

HTH,

Steve

• Like 1

I think the Deep Titanium becomes a different car in bright sunlight, a lovely colour that seems to change with differing light levels

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mine is the black, can't remember the name now, but it has a lovely fleck in it that when the car is waxed really does sparkle.

Just a shame Toyota used white/grey undercoat, stone chips are glaringly obvious!

Interesting, as my current car is silver, I never really thought about the primer colour, as it doesn't show.

Have had several Black cars in the past, however, I'm afraid that I'm not as fastidious at polishing as I should be,

And a Black car certainly needs lots of TLC.

So, I think I've narrowed it down to Blue or Red & possibly Titanium, however it's also a bit too close to Black, so dunno.

Time for another prowl around the showroom, and see if I can scrounge another trust drive.

Thanks guys.

G...

I like silver, it always looks clean. I do like that metallic blue though, it's a nice bright colour.

I was tempted to go for the metallic red this time if I had bought new, but I bought a six month old Prius+ T-Spirit, which happened to be Tyrol Silver again the same as my old Gen3 and I saved a bit on the initial depreciation hit, £5K less than new with 11K miles on it.

Well, finally did it. Order is in the system for a Vermillion Red Auris Excel Hybrid with T&G and Protection Pack.

Was convinced I was going for Island Blue, but saw the Red just as I passed the showroom.

On comparing the colours, I found I was getting irritated with the Blue, it just seemed 'Too Blue'

The Vermillion Red was a nice bright (but somehow understated) colour next to the now 'in your face Blue'.

Funny how things change like that, it just seemed the right decision.

Boy! these cars are moving fast, last look at the stock on Tuesday, all the cars were end July from the factory.

Today there was a lot delivering mid Sept (depending on the spec).

So it's hurry up & wait time. As the order is just in today, no exact delivery date as yet.

Thanks

G...

• Like 1

Congratulations on the purchase! I remember having to wait about a fortnight for mine, it was the longest two weeks of my life, especially because my wife's car was available within 4 days.

I have never quite understood how the lead times can be so long when there is a car rolling of the production line seemingly every few seconds!

• Like 1

Not all the parts are made in the UK and they don't ship the parts across from Japan one by one every few seconds, they build up a few weeks worth to fill the shipment then send them all at once. Your wife's was probably already built when she ordered it.

• Like 1

I think the Deep Titanium becomes a different car in bright sunlight, a lovely colour that seems to change with differing light levels

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have the DeepTitanium and don't regret choosing that colour one bit - what Kingo says is very true :clap:

• Like 1

Yep,it looks really nice in bright light, that Deep Titanium, unfortunately, here in darkest Scotland, the sun is a thing of rare beauty.

I felt that most of the time, it would just look a slightly 'off Black' Black.

I do really like the Tyrol Silver, but wanted a change from my current colour.

So for better, or worse, Vermillion Red it is.

Time seems to have slowed significantly, usually the weekend whizzes by at Mach 3.

Wonder if they've started the build yet?

G...

I do like that red too. In fact, down the line we hope to change both of our cars to hybrids and have already earmarked that colour for the second car, be it another auris, Prius or Prius+

• Like 1

Well, finally did it. Order is in the system for a Vermillion Red Auris Excel Hybrid with T&G and Protection Pack.

Excellent B)

I don't think I have seen a red Auris so am looking forward to your photos.

On comparing the colours, I found I was getting irritated with the Blue, it just seemed 'Too Blue'

The Vermillion Red was a nice bright (but somehow understated) colour next to the now 'in your face Blue'.

Ah yes, it certainly is very blue :artist:

• 3 weeks later...

I have same car as nespresso (but the excel), i was going to go for the white pearl until i saw the blue island and fell for it, the white leather inside my car with the white outside felt...clinical? bit like a hospital waiting room or something, so blue felt like a nice break.

I had a silver car before and my ex's car was silver and i often found people pulled out infront of you a lot (as if they didnt see you) now could have just been a coincidence i guess but i decided i wanted a car that stood out

Well! It's here, and it's Red.

post-85688-0-83857200-1374956967_thumb.jpost-85688-0-39780700-1374957060_thumb.jpost-85688-0-45165400-1374957256_thumb.j

Great fun, really like the colour.

Cheers,

G...

post-85688-0-07017900-1374957154_thumb.j

• Like 1

wow!...makes me wish i had picked the red now :P hehe.. i think am suffering from the "grass is always greener...."

• Like 1

Yes, red does look good :fireman:

Congratulations on the new car.

• Like 1

Very nice!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ordered our Auris Hybrid at the weekend. If left to my own decision I would probably have gone for the red, but also really liked the blue, wife also wanted the blue, so Island Blue it is.

Now I just have to wait for the delivery.

Snap my Auris S/T is also ordered in Island blue. Due for delivery 30th sept, fingers crossed

Mick