Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 2 Replacement Tyres

RelaxedDrive

If memory serves, my tyres from the factory are Bridgestone ER30 195/55/R16 (87) V.

Try increasing the tyre pressures if you would like a firmer ride - i think you should maintain a 2 psi difference between front and rear, from memory there is a range Front 35 - 38 and Rear 33 - 36 PSI if you want to stay within what's printed on the label inside the door frame. Some shops and dealers don't use the correct tyre pressure and it is always worth checking.

Note some owners go higher, potentially up to the tyre wall maximum but I reckon that the handling is affected just within the normal range if you aren't loading the car - others may disagree with me.

just to say that finally got myself a new set of gen2 tyres,after lot of searching and reading posts on forum here.my old tyres were Michelle's energy saver on front and Bridgestone e30 on rear,size,195/55/16/v rated for speed.

my new tyres are Yokohama,195/55/16 h rated for speed.the change of speed rating has made the ride more softer but it seems the stiffness in handling has gone down slightly.I must say I liked the old taught handling,so it seems sacrificed handling for softer ride.has anyone experienced this and wot are the normal prius gen 2 tyre spec relating to speed.

thanks all

I don't know the original Gen 2 specified tyre speed rating but I always believed you could go up the ratings without problem, buying a higher spec tyre, but not down.

You say your original tyres were 'V' rated and now you've fitted 'H's this is a lower rating according to the Blackcircles tyre site http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating. It also refers 'It is very important that you check your speed rating before buying your tyres. Choosing a tyre with a lower speed rating could invalidate your insurance.

Maybe worth a call to your insurers!

my original tyres were 195/55/16/V. I went to tyre place to change them,the fitter took the tyre reading and went to get the new tyres,he fitted the tyres and I paid him.its Saturday and I went around closing time,I drive the car out and stopped to check the tyre spec,when I read the speed number didn't match the normal spec, I thought this is not right, I went back to the garage but it was closed.won't be open till Monday.well its his mistake he should have kept the same spec.

I don't know the spec for a gen2, but for my plug-in it is 195/65R15 91H

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links