Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stolen - Rav4!

Hoovie

I am looking like an ex-RAVer after I discovered my RAV4 stolen, probably some time overnight :(

Went to my workshop and there was an empty space where the RAV was. Fortunately the Impreza WRX was still there, mostly due to its own wheels off being redone and the spare RAV Winter Wheels didn't fit a Subaru!

So if anyone sees a White RAV4 SR, Reg LP11DME being driven like it was stolen, it is coz it was !!!!

Hurting Hoovie :(

Shh So sorry to hear this David ! How did they manage to get it away ?

Keys were in a filing cabinet, but workshop was secured. The steel bars across the window was forced off the wall and the inch thick metal bars securing the main door top and bottom was bent at 30deg to allow the bi-fold doors to get opened to drive it away.

The WRX is now at another location waiting for a brand new set of locks and immobiliser to be fitted as couldn't risk leaving it there in case of a return visit!

Dang, that is bad news, and rotten luck. Looks like you were targeted, or maybe they came for the Impeza, let's hope Mr Plod can find the rascals soon.

I am looking like an ex-RAVer after I discovered my RAV4 stolen, probably some time overnight :(

Went to my workshop and there was an empty space where the RAV was. Fortunately the Impreza WRX was still there, mostly due to its own wheels off being redone and the spare RAV Winter Wheels didn't fit a Subaru!

So if anyone sees a White RAV4 SR, Reg LP11DME being driven like it was stolen, it is coz it was !!!!

Hurting Hoovie :(

Keep an eye on e-bay as well folks. Unless Hoovie's motor is already in a container it's likely to be broken for parts.

Really sorry to hear this Hoovie.

Sorry to hear that and in our quite part of the world as well.

Cheers guys.

The scene of crimes officer (who came down from Edinburgh and arrived less then 2 hours after police arrived) reckons car will probably turn up, but I am not so hopeful myself and reckon it will be as Dave says... Container or broken up.

The Scrotes wore gloves (marigold prints in the key areas) so no prints will be found BUT there is some other evidence that was bagged up and taken away that could provide useful for conviction purposes hopefully :)

Cheers guys.

The scene of crimes officer (who came down from Edinburgh and arrived less then 2 hours after police arrived) reckons car will probably turn up, but I am not so hopeful myself and reckon it will be as Dave says... Container or broken up.

The Scrotes wore gloves (marigold prints in the key areas) so no prints will be found BUT there is some other evidence that was bagged up and taken away that could provide useful for conviction purposes hopefully :)

.....and in the interim, those wee piles of pish will contract brain tumours, David....sorry to hear....will be in touch.

Really very sorry to read your post

Lets just hope that the police pick it up and it's ok -even if that seems unlikely

Nothing could be more annoying or frustrating

Especially when you have done all you can to keep it secure

Sorry to read this, I had a 3 week old Mitsubishi Shogun disappear off the face of the earth some years ago, to be honest I'm not sure I would want a car back once it had been stolen.

Really sorry to hear this, David. Hope it turns out OK in the end - or at least the best way for you in the circs.

David. I am so sorry to hear this. Hope they catch the bu66ers..

Very sorry to hear that Hoovie, you were obviously targeted and they knew what was sitting in your workshop.

I hope that they are caught, but even if they are the justice system will probably let them off with a slap on the wrist rather than the ten years that they deserve.

Hopefully natural justice will prevail and they will die of something very nasty.

Keep your chin up mate.

Cheers, guys :)

On my way to my workshop today, I suddenly remembered that I had taken out GAP Insurance on the RAV after I bought it, as it seemed like a prudent thing to do after spending so much money (the RAV was the most expensive car I've ever bought!).

So .... Hopefully I will be back what I paid initially and will not be out of pocket at all.

• Like 1

Thats just awful, why cant these no use pieces of sh×t get a life..........what goes around eventually comes around, I wonder how they would feel if THEIR possesions were stolen......still sorry to hear that especially in your part of the country too.

Brill Hoovie......just don't buy a 4.4......they have troublesome tailgate lifts, are much larger, don't have a spare wheel.......but ah would have one tomorrow LOL. (just need to get yer local thieves to steal ma wife next.......).

wisnae me. Obviously.

The 2 options I've been told is stripped for parts or sent to Ireland where a respray and new ID will get it sold.

I'd say Toyota 4x4s are in big demand in African countries - I'd reckon that's probably it's destination. Horrible stuff

Sorry to hear this...glad you have the Gap insurance.

I detest thieves

Well, been over a week now and nothing turning up, so chances are nothing will - at least nothing that resembles a complete car.

So..... Got some bits to sell if anyone interested?

Rear Load cover from 4.3 (didn't happen to be in car at time of theft) and a full set of 18" T180 alloys with Continental Winter Tyres with loads of tread left (can separate tyres and wheels if interest for one or other). Wheels have NO corrosion (unusual for Toyota alloys ;) ) or kerbing and are finished in a Shadow Chrome effect similar to the funky wheels on the Urban Cruiser.

I'll post some pics in the For Sale Section, but just a little heads up here :)

My kit car was nicked 20 years ago, I got it back 10 days later when a friend spotted it parked up, just off a main road. Turns out they'd used it for a day but it wouldn't start again so they just left it. It was a distinctive car but plod never saw it.

Do the insurance specify a certain time to wait before they authorise payout?

Good luck, whatever happens.

My kit car was nicked 20 years ago, I got it back 10 days later when a friend spotted it parked up, just off a main road. Turns out they'd used it for a day but it wouldn't start again so they just left it. It was a distinctive car but plod never saw it.

Do the insurance specify a certain time to wait before they authorise payout?

Good luck, whatever happens.

Cheers, I think it is around 2 weeks? Should get a call on Monday as they say they call within 48 hours of getting documentation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links