Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Rear Bumper Skirt

kyle302

Hey,

http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/iq-rear-bumper-skirt-black-209-pz402-i0470-hu-i1262.html

Is it possible to get this in silver anywhere?

Also how easy would this be to install myself..even though i have no history of installing car parts?

If not where should i go to get it fitted?

Cheers

That skirt is pre-painted at the factory. You cannot get one pre-painted in silver. You can get it in primer and have it painted locally. The fitting time is one hour

Perhaps show a local bodyshop what you intend to buy and get a fitted/painted price for doing it

PM me for a price on sending you one in primer

Kingo :thumbsup:

I bought one of those from my local dealer for my silver car and as stated, not available pre-painted.

I nipped down to Halfords and used their paint mixing service to get a rattle can of 1F7 paint mixed up and painted it myself. Their paints are very good and if you take a bit of time sanding, keeping everything clean and use a tack rag before spraying the results can be great. I have a fair amount of experience though paint spraying so maybe not the thing to try if you have never done it before.

I have some pictures on my thread that show the skirt after fitting. I had to trim the mudflaps around the skirt too, they aren't normally compatible.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134890-an-iq-called-toya/page-7

Craig.

I did as Craig says except I sprayed mine satin black as a contrast to the red body colour.

They are fiddly to fit especially if you have mud flaps too, but quite straightforward.

John

Thanks well i guess ill pop off to the body shop after work and ask them for a quote, hopefully shouldn't cost too much!

No luck when i went to the garage today, apparently they don't fit these parts or something..

Does anyone know of a place that can fit this in the Hertfordshire area?

Thanks!

Any bodyshop worth its salt would do this for you, it is not a big job for heavens sake :D:

Try another garage or "chips away" or similar smart repair companies, you wont have to make too many calls Im sure

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've tried a few and they all sad know which is quite surprising, contacted my local toyota just a minute ago and they said they would get back to me, so pretty sure they will be able to do it.

Just hoping they don't charge an arm and a leg to get it done but we will see tomorrow

• 6 months later...

I wish to buy a bumper skirt together with mud flaps. I have read that they are not compatible but some of you have overcome this. Could you please let me know how easy this is ? Was the result good? Do you have any tips on fitting them both? Or should I be satisfied with one or other? If you have both these accessories is it possible to send me a close up photo of them? Also I think John mentioned in one of his posts that he found the exhaust finisher supplied for use with an iq bumper skirt did not fit as well as the one supplied for an iq without a bumper skirt? Has anybody else found this?

I am new to the club so I hope this post is in the correct place. I am guessing that I add to this thread rather than starting a new one no matter how old it is. I have sent Craig a personal message but don"t know if it got through! So I have repeated it here.

Hello Jane and welcome to the forum :)

You did the right thing, add to a post if you find one relating to the subject your after. No PM received but never mind, I'm here now.

I did indeed fit the rear skirt and the mudflaps together but it's true that they are not meant to work on the same vehicle at the same time. I had to fit my rear skirt then trim the mudflaps around the corners of the skirt. The results were very good but took a fair amount of trimming to get the fit correct and looking good.

I'll check my stock of pictures tomorrow or take some more in the daylight of what I did. I made a template for the trimming too, If I can find that I'll take a picture too.

My exhaust pipe finisher fits fine and it's the one for the skirt and the iQ3 which has the slightly bigger exhaust for the bigger engine.

Craig,

Thanks Craig,

Will look forward to seeing the photos when you have time to take/post them. This is my second IQ the garage roof collapsed on my first it was a right off!

Jane

Jane, you mentioned my previous post about fitting the skirt and the exhaust finisher to an IQ2.

Like you I had an IQ2 and bought another, and before it left me I took off the exhaust finisher which I had previously fitted to it, which was the finisher for the non-skirt back end.

I then bought another IQ2, ordered a skirt and the finisher for the skirt, and mud flaps.

The skirt was a pain to fit as I had to do it on my own and there is quite a bit of measuring, lining up and centralising to be done and as double sided tape is used if you get it wrong it is a struggle to change the position! If you have someone handy to help it will make the job much easier.

As Craig says the mud flaps fit if you carefully trim the parts that interfere with the skirt, just little amounts at a time.If you trim too much it looks awful.

The skirt looks daft without an exhaust finisher but I found the one that came with the skirt ,when fitted, was at completely the wrong angle so I tried my old one and it was better but I still had to do a bit of adjusting to make it fit reasonably well.

Maybe the one I was sent was a rogue one though the part number was correct.

Have you checked if these parts are all still available? I seem to remember someone said they could no longer be bought other than when specified with a new car, but I could well be wrong.

There is no problem getting mud flaps though.

John

Thanks John, the parts are still available. But I wanted info. from this forum before I bought them. Do you have a close up photo of your bumper skirt and mud flaps? I have not come across them if they are somewhere else on the forum.

Thanks for your help,

Jane

If you do a search for "rear skirt thingy", I think there is a picture of mine though only half of it.

You may have found that thread already, I expect if you have been researching.

John

Hi John, yes, I had already found your picture,but it is difficult to see the junction between the two!

Thanks for your help

Jane