Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Longest Time Ive Ever Kept A Car !

CharlieFarlie

The Rav has become by far the longest time I have ever kept a car... Highest mileage I think as well ! I bought the car well over two years ago and have clocked around 45,000 miles in it . Mostly on the motorway...

Gave it a scrub up today as its been sat rather dirty for some time but still the paint looks very good when washed and cleaned up...

RAV2013023_zpsb49d6d0e.jpg

RAV2013020_zpsa5cde495.jpg

RAV2013022_zpsa04b71c7.jpg

Mileage now is minimal .. It just gets used as a utility vehicle but I do keep it well serviced and up to date.. It flew through the MOT again a couple of months ago with no bother at all.

Mileage now gets shared on the other car and the wifes wee Fiesta.. Sadly she cannot drive a manual car any longer so the Rav is not used by her at all ..

RAV2013025_zps66c3ee4a.jpg

So whats in prospect for the long server .... Well nothing really.. I cant see the point in selling it as its so well sorted now and with prices plummeting its worth more as a winter car (It is still on winter tyres !) as the Jag is robably the worst car I have ever driven on icy surfaces and the wee Fiesta is to small to contemplate using when winter comes around..

So the old beast will sit around till called on.. To be honest I kinda like it anyway.....

• Like 2

Nobody has ever rendered Davrav speechless before, Charlie. Good to see Old Sitting Bull still shining. Why that name.....?

Well....it has been in charge of a few injuns in its day......!!! Ah made that up.......

• Like 1

The old 'uns are always the best............

Your RAV has cleaned up extremely well! You have a great combination of cars there.

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

Two years a long time -blimey. I think the shortest time I've ever kept a car is about three years. The RAV is approaching 8 years and and 82k and needs to last. Having renewed the clutch (and as a precaution the DMF) recently, I'm wondering what next? Exhaust perhaps -despite the various threads on exhausts, I don't know if the mark 2 diesel has a cat -if so -well exhausts don't last for ever ...

Two years a long time -blimey. I think the shortest time I've ever kept a car is about three years. The RAV is approaching 8 years and and 82k and needs to last. Having renewed the clutch (and as a precaution the DMF) recently, I'm wondering what next? Exhaust perhaps -despite the various threads on exhausts, I don't know if the mark 2 diesel has a cat -if so -well exhausts don't last for ever ...

So do what me and Striding Man did, mate......search out an indie fabricator NOW, not when exhaust fails. Made stonking job of wife's and Stridey's at much better than Toyota prices, and all in high grade stainless.

As Ive got older, the average time to keep a car has lengthened. the first RAV I had for 4 years, which replaced an HR-V which I had for 4 years. the Qashqai (repalcing the RAV) was meant to be kept for 5 years at least, but not good enough for the snow and ice, so chopped in after 18 months for new RAV.

Now plan was the NEW RAV was meant to last 5 years as well, but after 18 months, got nicked and (hopefully) will not be seen again, so need to decide what to replace it with?

I was actually contemplating Charlies RAV4, but clearly he has become attached to it again!

Number 1 RAV bought new in September 1994 and still surviving altho still waiting for the dash to be replaced. About 190,000 miles. The rest is in airmiles lol

Hi,

Only had the rav4 for a week, but it is to replace my frontera, which I have had for 11 years & 160,000 miles.

Hope the rav4 lasts this long but with the possible engine issues it may go when it starts to lose oil.

Wife has a 54 plated corrola T Sport we have had sine new and has 120,000 on the clock.

Also have a 04 vw Passat 4motion TDI bought in 06, with 165,000 on the clock.

Frontera has been abused on & off road and finaly clutch failure as resulted in scrapping her.

Just hope the rav4 lasts as long.

Trev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links