Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Metallic T-Cut?

Garryoke

The sun was super hot in London town this weekend so I thought I'd spend the day on my Rav4. I wanted to t-Cut it but have never had a metallic painted car before. A few people have told me not to use the Metallic blue bottled version of T-Cut. Advise please?

On the Mazda 2 we had - which was a metallic dark grey - we used T-Cut Colour Fast, which is a colour restorer, scratch cover and polish in one. Had pretty good results covering light scratches, etc.

However I would have thought this weekend would be too hot to wash the car and use restorer/polish.

Best advice I can give is to bin that T cut ! Its outdated rubbish that gives very poor results at best and is very hard work for poor results....

Use an appropriate cut modern polish/cutting compound not something that went out of date in the 70s.................

• Like 1

In the present heat you foax are having in That London, your T Cut would only do one thing.........give you perfect holograms and swirlies that you need a machine polisher to remove. The topcoat of your metallic paint will be very soft in this weather. Get the right suff as Charlie says and await a cool dry day.......won't be long.......!!

...................Or travel to Glesga to do it :rolleyes:

Sun Kissed Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I think T Cut is well overrated, people seem to think its a miracle in a bottle. You can have swirls to deep gorges in your paint and you will hear "get some T Cut on it, that will get rid of it!"

I use 3M polishes, although I do have a Festool rotary polisher so it works the paint hard. I dont use hand to polish. Combined with 3m pads is the best combination Ive used and got awesome results with it. Autoglym SRP is good, it has fillers in it so masks light scratches.

A decent wax and then some optiseal will see you right ;o)