Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reduce Body Roll Without Coilovers?

brainii

kw are ok. generally hard, but not back breaking. Very good at high speeds, car feels more stable and steering is sharper. Bumps and especially humps are very uncomfortable! Still I prefer it to the OEM shocks/springs.

I dropped front at med height setting whereas back is at the highest setting, this way the car's underside doesn't get scratched anywhere most of the time..

Do they offer rebound adjustment ? If so, back them off to around one third from softest. This made the BC coilovers much more comfortable for daily driving :)

What's body roll like during cornering?

there is no rebound adjustment.

Body roll is non existent now..

can anyone comment on any where to get coilovers from in uk cant find any under 800 pounds or is that the going price as my mate as m5 bmw he only payed 400 new for his coilovers I have tried fensport demon tweeks checkpoint bc direct don't list any for my model 2.0 d4d 07 plate and kw very expensive over 1000 pounds

I think the same model as for other cars will fit. There is different needed only for 2.2 model. Please contact Toyota in order to confirm this information though.

as far as I am lead to belive its different suspension as the diesel models have harder suspension to take the extra weight of the engine I belive that's why 1.4 1.6 and the diesel models are listed differently for the springs coilovers may be different as there much firmer to start with but the fact of the mater remains the same the cost is stupid high it makes me want change back to a corolla or a lexus you can buy lexus coilovers for around 500 I have to be honest and say I cant justify 800 for coilovers for the road 600 but not 800 and the bcs that are 670 still have vat on so its back at 30 pounds less than 800 approx.

• Like 1

sorry rant over but it makes my blood boil when high end motors parts are cheaper than our family hatchback ones

• Like 1

can anyone comment on any where to get coilovers from in uk cant find any under 800 pounds or is that the going price as my mate as m5 bmw he only payed 400 new for his coilovers I have tried fensport demon tweeks checkpoint bc direct don't list any for my model 2.0 d4d 07 plate and kw very expensive over 1000 pounds

You could try dcperformance. Only £681.51 + free delivery for BC Racing coilovers.

sorry rant over but it makes my blood boil when high end motors parts are cheaper than our family hatchback ones

Couldn't agree more Garry ........

The BC Racing coilovers are for chassis ZRE152H and NZE151H..

These are JDM Auris model chassis codes.

Does anyone know if these chassis codes are for torsion beam rear suspension or double wishbone rear?

The only information I can find is this:

http://www.partsbase.org/toyota/auris-nze151h-bhxnk-1-5l-16valve-dohc-efi-2006-jp-2-rear-spring-shock-absorber/

To me this means that it's torsion beam rear, meaning that the BC Racing coilovers are for all UK model Auris except 2.2 180 models with double wishbone rear suspension setup.

For comparison, the rear setup for the 2.2 180 UK model..

http://www.partsbase.org/toyota/auris-ukp-ade157l-dhfnxw-2-2l-diesel-turbo-mtm-2007-eu-2-rear-spring-shock-absorber/

first thanks buck second darksta add the vat and you are near 800 there the same price everywhere well most places but thanks for looking and phil_1985 its very unlikely that they all fit apart from 2.2 which is different but the springs do fit even if it makes it low no I think there must be different for 2.0 d4d as front spring rates need be higher than petrol models to handle extra weight of the diesel motor it is possible that I am wrong with this but the standards are different so uprated should be to

I agree they'll physically fit all torsion beam rear auris but the spring rates would be setup for whatever engines cover those chassis codes. . I think one of them is a 1.8

neither of the chassis numbers above match my 2.0d4d my variant is ade150(h) version is ade150r-dhfnyw(1a) and frame/vin no starts with sb1kd ??????? and is not even close to above codes so my guess and it is just that is that theres another coilover for this model or they don't make one for this model I could spend the ott price of 800 on them and they may not work correctly if that would be the case I am as well staying with what I have and save the 800 pound the fact is when trying to contact these companys getting throw around like pinball still no wiser but bcs spring rates for petrol models are 600 front and 800 back that's the only thing I have found out and I have no idea what that means as I don't know the standard rates so its not really helped much anyway

it's a shame there is so little out there for our cars!

I guess my only option is the KW v1 or v3's ... a lot to pay for but i'll have a think!

guys whatever u do, make sure u order THE CORRECT PARTS FOR THE CORRECT CHASSIS.

Need I remind u that when I ordered them KW's, they send the wrong rear ones, TWICE???

Garry - when I spoke to BC directly, the staff member said I was right to specify a 7 kg spring for the front. This is because they normally come with 6kg springs for the front & 4 kgs on the rear, but they are meant for the 1.6 petrol models & we both know the diesels are heavier-nosed. Thus a 7 kg spring for the front would be much advised - even an 8 kg if you were doing track days or sporting events.

understand that buck but is the diesel not supposed be even heavier if upgrading 1kg is not great difference for upgrade as far as I can see I am running 8kg h and r springs on front there not much better than standard its a lot of money to not see any gain over what I have now I am so peved about this situation I have put car on swapz website to see if can change it for corolla compressor or celica gt I don't really want change it but theres so little I can do to this model with out spending lot cash the handling really lets the car down its a shame because that was all I really had left to do apart from satnav headunit and green stuff pads

first thanks buck second darksta add the vat and you are near 800 there the same price everywhere well most places but thanks for looking and phil_1985 its very unlikely that they all fit apart from 2.2 which is different but the springs do fit even if it makes it low no I think there must be different for 2.0 d4d as front spring rates need be higher than petrol models to handle extra weight of the diesel motor it is possible that I am wrong with this but the standards are different so uprated should be to

The £681.51 is the price with vat. Cheapest I've seen them around for.

ok sorry about that I thought vat was to be added same as fensport but it wont make any difference as the chassis number for my model is different and I have different springs already with wrong chassis so it wont help me to put coilovers in if there not the correct ones

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links