Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Guide] How To Disable The Seatbelt Alarm On Auris

boteto

Hello,

I decided to share with you a video which I recorded. The video is a guide for how to disable the annoying seatbelt alarm sound. You can also see detailed instructions in the video description. The video is uploaded on youtube :

Thanks for watching.

Regards,

George

The seatbelt alarm is a "safety related system" installed by Toyota and is part of the reason that The Auris is awarded a 5 star NCAP award

To disable any safety system may well have adverse consequences regarding your insurance cover

TOC cannot endorse or condone the removal of any safety systems :(

Users should consider the above before following the guide

Hi,

I believe that if Toyota wanted they would never allow such function to be disabled by the menu. What do you think is the reason why they provided the option to disable the alarm? This is just disabling the sound alarm, the blinking red seatbelt sign can not be disabled. There are some circumstances in which you may want to drive or move the car without seatbelt for example if driving slowly in closed offroad areas, big car parks. Please understand that I'm not encouraging driving whithout seatbelt. Using your seatbelt is required by law and I recommend that you never drive without seatbelt. I just wanted to share a function that our cars have.

Regards,

George

It has the enable / disable function because some people have exemption certificates to disable the alarm legitimately, that is why it can be done

Driving it slowly in closed offroad areas is not one of the reasons you should do it

As mentioned above, it is one of the reasons the car has a Euro Ncap rating of 5*

You should NEVER disable the alarm, unless you have a medical certificate that allows you do to do so, it has very serious insurance consequences

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thank you for the reasonable explanation.

It's not really the seatbelt beep that bothers me, it's that stupid sound it plays when you turn the engine off with the driver's side door open (2007, START/STOP button ignition). Is there a way to disable that?!

Take the keys out of the ignition or close the door ;) :D:

Take the keys out of the ignition or close the door ;) :D:

Thanks! :) I have no key, just that transmitter thing.