Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Turbo?

damien666

Hi all im looking to improve my 2008 auris 1.6 sr .

is their anything out their?

Can you turbo it ?

sorry if I sound stupid im new to all this.

Thanks mate . I've scrolled day and night online to find a turbo for it any help?

Unless you're happy with spending thousands of pounds on the custom route I wouldn't bother. To get the best from a turbo set-up you'd be looking at a better exhaust, intake, manifold, sports cat, intercooler, piggy-back ECU for fuelling adjustments & bigger fuel injectors. Not to mention a lot of time spent setting all this up on the dyno & the custom mounting plates. Trust me - I've been there !

• Like 1

I think you guys have made my mind up . Im just going to do the standard things like air filters and new exhaust system cqnt afford thousands :-(

Yeah that's probably wise, especially if you don't know much about car modding. If you want to go fast, this is not right car for you :)

• 3 weeks later...

try to find something about the turbo of the lotus elise 1.6

the auris and the lotus using the same engine (you see it at the motorcode), maybe there is a cheap and easy way to install the lotus turbo in the auris.

but i dont know if there is a big difference between the both engines, and if you only have to buy the turbokit or if you have to change more.

try to find something about the turbo of the lotus elise 1.6

the auris and the lotus using the same engine (you see it at the motorcode), maybe there is a cheap and easy way to install the lotus turbo in the auris.

but i dont know if there is a big difference between the both engines, and if you only have to buy the turbokit or if you have to change more.

Having popped over to the Lotus website Lotus don't seem to offer a 1.6 turbo, They do use the 1ZR 1.6 Dual VVTi engine but only in naturally aspirated form in the Elise & Elise CR and they use a supercharger on the 2ZR ( not offered in UK ) 1.8 Dual VVTi in the Elise S.