Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garmin's Portable Hud

Hi Bob

Looks cool!!!

I have an app on my iPhone where you place the phone on the dash but its naff in daylight and trashes the Battery. This one seems much brighter and has navigation.. good find.

David

It look like its one of those HUD devices that need a thingy bob stuck on the screen for the projection. Problem is if this is within the swept area of the wipers then its a MOT failure. Yes you can remove it and fit a new one each time.

But using a phone cuts out the problem of having to fit and wire up a other types neatly.

Hi Acetip

I think the one Bob pointed to has the either option. My designed one built into the cover of the Tns 350 doesnt require a stick on sheet

David

I don't have an iPhone, don't even posses my own mobile, as my wife usually has it. Am I bovvered? Nope. However, this has to be a relatively cheap and simple way to get a HUD in your car, assuming you already have the obligatory iPhone for it to work. One of the main things I would like fitted to our iQ is a HUD.

I don't go through towns, and certainly not cities very often, but the benefits of having the display in your line of sight, instead of having to look down to make sure you are not straying over the limit has to be beneficial. What, with more people having suicidal tendencies these days- you know the type, walking along, phone glued to ear, not looking or listening to whats going on around them- step out into the road having the last conversation of their lives, if they aren't lucky and the poor motorist kills them. Imagine how that must feel for the driver, and any passengers.

So, I feel that a HUD in every car is a necessity, never mind Sat Nav, people managed without them before, and oh yes, in my day, we had to use maps to find our way to strange places we'd never been to before. Worst of all was having to ask for directions. Makes me shudder to think about it.

:thumbsup: :lol2:

• 1 month later...

It's quite cool to have now the possibility to add HUD function on basic car :) this option are often very expensive on new car... I think I will buy the Garmin HUD to replace my "poor" iPhone navigation app ;)

What do you think about glasses with augmented reality? i found cool stuff on www.hudisplay.com

Here's another update on the Garmin HUD from Auto Express, page 102, issue 1279 31 July. At least this is a relatively cheap way of getting a HUD in your car, aside from David's (Tarquin's) excellent installation. It's cheaper than buying a Prius or a BMW, Merc... and so on.

post-113536-0-95000400-1377011694_thumb.