Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Drip?

rambler

Hi all

Just had a look under my Rav as I do occasionally just to check for fluid leaks etc etc.

Ive just seen a large black oily drip from the big jubilee clip on my newly fitted turbo !!!

Its dripping down & covering what I believe is the rear engine mounting ( circular upright thing ) .

Ive already rang the dealership who fitted it.

but.....is it oil , why would it drip from there please ? ...obviously the hose is either not fitted correctly or the clip is too loose.......

• 4 weeks later...

4 weeks and no answer ? Wheres the moderator when ye need wan ?

I'd guess the oil is tracking from somewhere else; or the turbo is losing oil and blowing it through the hose connection. Or maybe the hoses and oil connections haven't been fitted back right ?

Hi bothy

the oil drip was from installation of the new turbo ...They have now cleaned up for me......but I do need to just check for sure by having a look for myself soon ....if its still dripping .....its going straight back again

It sometimes happens if packings "bed in" they just need nipping after. Don't worry Jamie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links