Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Gone!

ianfish

Aaagh! Driving down to Alsace with the caravan, and the cc isn't working! Fitted 18 mths ago and has worked fine. The "cruise" light comes up on the dash but no cc when you press the lever? Loose connector maybe?

Clutch switch is the area of most use, Ian.....? (Unless yours is an auoto box....?) Connector off or switch gubbered....?

Just watch that area you are in.....bad tempered locals.....wild Alsatians.....? Also full of exiled sheep farmers.....German Shepherds.....

Witheld.....

• Like 1

thanks Big Kev., I wondered if it might be that switch, I'll have it looked at when I return. Wild Alsatians seem thin on the ground... locals friendly......wine v.good, lovely Gerwurtztraminer!!

thanks Big Kev., I wondered if it might be that switch, I'll have it looked at when I return. Wild Alsatians seem thin on the ground... locals friendly......wine v.good, lovely Gerwurtztraminer!!

Is that no an organ the wee man played over silent movies......?

Geez you must be older than me if you remember the wurlitzer, or was it the juke box, toaster, or wireless....!

Has the cc got a fuse or relay.....just a thought.

is there a diagram of the clutch switch anywhere?

Its just a simple switch on the pedal bracket similar to the brake one. At a push you can get down to check it if you're a contorsionist, easier and just a couple of minutes job to remove the small lower dash trim to give much better access.

Just a thought there are two switches that disable the cruise

A "release to break" on the clutch and a "release to break" on the brake switch.

The brake switch usually has two switches built inside one body with 4 pins. Two for the "release to make" for the brake lights and the other two are for the "release to break" cruise.

The reason for using "release to break" is a fault condition fails open/safe ie cruise off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clutch switch is the area of most use, Ian.....? (Unless yours is an auoto box....?) Connector off or switch gubbered....?

Just watch that area you are in.....bad tempered locals.....wild Alsatians.....? Also full of exiled sheep farmers.....German Shepherds.....

Witheld.....

Bang on Big Kev, connector coming out of the switch, Chris, who owns our local garage was a bit surprised to see the low level airbag, which he dropped out to get at the switch, but all done in 15 mins.....no charge ! (I will buy him a pint!)

• Like 1