Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Engine Overheat And Performance Issue?

Pcarter881

Hi all,

I have corolla 2009, Here i am posting the problem that I'm facing with my car from last 2 month. My car engine overheats quickly only in small run. The overall performance is also going very down day by day. I'm unable to understand what's the problem is? Is it a big issue and i need a machanic or it can be solved by myself. I already spent so much money on my car and don't want to spend more. So please give me your suggestion that what i have to do!!! :help2:

Can you provide some more detail please. Petrol or diesel? Which engine? Is the car used for short journeys only? Is it in an urban environment and is this very dusty?

Yes, I usually go for long drive and also mostly I have to drive in urban area. I have corolla S, petrol 1.8L 4-cyl. Engine, Manual transmission Up to 27 cty/35 hwy mpg. Do you have any suggestion?

I already spent so much money on my car and don't want to spend more

Hi,

Do you mean you have done a lot of things to sort the problem yourself or paid mechanics to look at it ?

You say you have had the problem for 2 months, but how long have your had the car and what mileage has it done ?

Have any recent works been done in or around the engine just prior the the problem starting ?

Can you be a little more detailed about the problem, when you say overheat do you mean the gauge needle steadily goes up the the top / max and in how many miles/kilo and minutes.

Assuming the car is cold and you set off and the car overheats, have you lifted to bonnet and noticed if the radiator is hot or steaming and the cooling fan is going around ? - be careful when doing that !

More questions I know but we can only go on what you tell us..

No, I've done nothing with this problem yet or even with engine, I just spend money in replaceing some parts of my car like lighting system and wheels.I've been using corolla 2009 for 3 years.

I've not deep knowledge in automobile, but I think that it is coolant circulating problem , and that is why engine get quickly overheat. I also checked that radiator gets hot to touch while car is on. What I can do?

Hi,

You did not mention if when overheating and you look in the engine bay with the motor running do you see the big fan/s on the radiator spinning round fast ?

My checklist for would be:-

Is the coolant level correct in the header tank; have you had to keep topping it up at all ?

If you can feel the hot water in the radiator then it kind of says the thermostat is working, but it could also be partially faulty and still cause a problem.

The water is circulated by the water pump, generally they fail by leaking water.

On some engines they are an easy change others more complex.

Not sure how yours is driven, if by the aux belt is it good and correctly tensioned

Of course you are relying on a sensor to tell you what the temp is, that could simply be faulty?

There are other things that could cause the problem but on a Toyota 4 years old I would not expect the radiator etc to be blocked.

Hi, I'm facing the same problem with my car's engine, my friend suggested me to replace some of the performance parts that are older or not working properly. He reccomend me to go through online suppliers. But I'm still confused, should I'v to go through online store or some local manufacturer.

Hi Dorisscott

Your friend has recomended you at the write place for your cars performance parts . As when i was facing problem in my car i have also used the online service to purchase the parts for my car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links