Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Transmission

Margo

Hi I just bough a RAV 4 auto 2002 and I love it but a couple of weeks after I have noticed that it is revving in between gears two and three - in second it revs then jerks and clunks into 3rd

does anybody have any idea whats going on?

Margo

Hi I just bough a RAV 4 auto 2002 and I love it but a couple of weeks after I have noticed that it is revving in between gears two and three - in second it revs then jerks and clunks into 3rd

does anybody have any idea whats going on?

Margo

Hi Margo,

Have a look at this thread which summarises my current problem. If your issue sounds similar then I fear that it is the ECU that is playing up. It's a common problem in the early 4.2's and is fixable.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/149327-uh-oh-looks-like-the-dreaded-autobox-ecu-failure/

Hope this helps,

Jim

......and I get the impression on here Margo that one should limit the driving of a car with this fault, as it can and will wreck your auto gearbox......ye dinnae want that.....££££

Almost cetainly the ECU is faulty!

Please refer to the link firemac Jim suggested and all the info. you require is there.

My Rav, a late 2001 Auto had exactly as the symptoms you describe and by sending the unit to ECU Testing at Heanor, they diagnosed and sorted the problem in no time at all.

Don't delay, it will not cure itself!........................................

I have no link with this company other than being a very satisfied customer.

Regards

Many thanks for all those comments - there is such a wealth of info on this site, I think from now I'll log in as much as I can for tips cheers :flowers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links