Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Verso, Finally Arrived..

yasirmhm

Hello, I am so pleased that I have finally collected my new Verso yesterday. I had to say goodbye for my corolla 02 which served me well over the last 3 years. I was so excited to drive the new Verso around with the family, really joyful driving. However, I was so embarrassed at times as I caused the engine to stall quite few times as I am still trying to adjust to the new clutch, I wonder what the drivers behind me were thinking, "first time driver? just passed his driving test?" etc.

It is Icon, 2.0 D4D with panoramic roof (this option caused a delay of 6 weeks, but is worth it), also the protection pack.

The dealer offered a 3 years service plan with monthly payments, allegedly will save me some money (inflation proof). The quotation says that you can save up to (£ 49.81) plus £20 discount if I take this offer within the first three months of purchase. The total cost of 3 years service plan (which include 2 intermediate and one full service) is £ 561. I wonder what other members here think of this offer?

I attach some photos for the new and old Toyota.

All the best.

post-95462-0-83839400-1373589532_thumb.j

post-95462-0-71835800-1373589618_thumb.j

post-95462-0-96390900-1373589652_thumb.j

post-95462-0-29664400-1373589683_thumb.j

post-95462-0-19140900-1373589719_thumb.j

Nice car.

As regards the service plan, has the dealer given you any detail on what is included, or does the quote just state the number of services and when each is due?

Have a look at the Toyota website, under, owners' and 'servicing'. An outline of Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme is given. Two intermediate services for the Verso., and one full service will cost £547 - so the quote isn't far off the mark. However has a brake fluid change at 2 years been included (£39)?

You can use the Fixed Price Service costs as a negotiating tool - even if the dealer doesn't participate in the scheme, you can still use the costs to negotiate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for my late reply.

I have contacted the dealer and he offered to include the brake fluid change with the three years service plan (2 intermediate and 1 full) at a total price of £561 paid by monthly instalments (around £17 a month). Would that be a good offer to consider?

Yes that looks OK to me - the Fixed Price Servicing cost for the brake fluid change is £39, so having that included for the £561 is fine. Usually the monthly payments are interest free - check on how many months you're being asked to pay over (it should come to around the £561 cost).

Also get written into the service plan that you're provided with copies of the service invoices, as these can add to your service history should you decide to change in the future. Otherwise, the invoices just go to the service plan management company, and you don't get a record of what has been done (apart from maybe the standard tick checklist).

Oil - if you want the Toyota Preferred oil used - that could be written into the plan as well.

Many thanks, really appreciated. It's incredibly useful for novice like me to get this guidance. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Looks very nice. What colour is it as it looks great? I've just ordered a new Verso, but have gone for the Deep Titanium colour. Was tempted with the Pearl White but bottled it at the last minute.

Thanks. It's cobalt blue. I was also tempted by white pearl but changed my mind when I was told about how difficult it is to repair chips & scratches in body work & also that it needs regular washing while other metallic colours can withstand dirt more & still look good. I was lucky to see the two colours on vehicles parked at the dealer to help me make my mind. Deep Titanium was my second choice. All the best.

Nice looking car. My previous 10 plate Verso was that colour and always looked good. This time I went for Decuma Grey (see my previous thread for photos). I nearly bought white, but have seen a couple on the road and am glad I didn't. A bit too much.

Interestingly my wife and I also initially experienced regular stalling of the new D4D engine when pulling away. Not sure why, as we never experienced it in the previous model. Would be interested to know why the new engine is more susceptible.

just had my white one ,looks brilliant..also white is the easiest colour to repair , not that i hope it ever gets damaged ,

Yes, good point. I've already picked up a good clutch of car park chips which really show up on a dark metallic finish. Fortunately I've got a good touch up pen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links