Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Problem

hachi-roku

Background : I went to change the oil today, and all was going well, until I wanted to take the oil filter off an replace it.

I found that the only way I could get to it, was to take the ditributer off, I was a total idiot and took the whole thing out... put everything back, no knowing that it needed to be timed.

Now my car doesn't start, it cranks fine.. but I think it's flooded the engine. My friend is sure he has the timing right now, but it still cranks, but no start.

I'm going to try it again tommorrow and see if it was just flooded, but wondering if you guys have any ideas on getting it timed right. I couldn't see any timing marks, where are they?.

Any information that could help, it's gratefully recieved, Please help, I need the car for work and I'm totally screwed without it :(

I dont know about the timing (im looking to do mine asap) but to get the oil filter go from underneath. if you have no jacks just reverse up a kerb on one side you should slide under. The one thing and the only think i hate about my mk1 is how tight fitted everything is and how hard everything is to get at.

I could do with some info on timing. however ive been told possibly better just to goto the garage for like £15.