Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Plastic Cover Drivers Seat

johnhrh

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had ever removed the side air bag plastic cover on the drivers seat, I have a small split in leather just under the cover, car is out of warranty, I have some mechanical knowledge and equipment, I have been out of the trade for some time now, I was hoping not to have to remove the complete airbag assembly just to get the split repaired, I would like to look at the problem in some finer detail as well.

thanks in advance

johnhrh

My guess is that the cover is one with the Airbag-assembly.

And that you remove the assy by unzipping the seatcover and unbolting them from the inside.

Make sure to disconnect the Battery and let the car rest for two minutes before unplugging anything Airbag-related!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the reply but I put the car in for the 4th service and second MOT and mentioned about the split, the dealer contacted Toyota and to my delight they offered to pay for the repair as a gesture of good will, Dealer took it in yesterday and a professional upholster replaced the section from the zip to the join, even replaced with slightly stronger leather. Over the moon with the service from the Dealer.

regards

johnhrh

Manufacturers are more inclined to provide goodwill such as this if the car is maintained within their dealer network - which yours has been by the sound of it. Good result !

Amazing to think that VAG treat seat and floor coverings as wear and tear items, and only provide cover these under their new vehicle warranty for six months

i have a mercedes and it came out of warranty in june13 ,and last week with the hot weather the centre air vents kept pointing upwards without me altering them and i couldn't adjust them to point towards me,so i put the aircon on and after a couple on minutes the plastic had cooled down and would stay where i had adjusted them,mercedes offered to pay 45% of the replacement part cost so it cost me £55 to have them supplied and fitted :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links