Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Change

indiana2

Had Battery change on my rav4 o4 yesterday at a local garage....On collection tick over was down to 500 rpm drove back to the garage and it had corrected itself but then I noticed the radio/cd was playing up ie will not turn off plays only one station will not tune in few of the buttons work etc..as is normal the garage wants nothing to do with it.....So please what can I do.

Jim

No doubt the idle was because of the Battery being disconnected, the electronics reset themselves and "relearn" from the ECU.

If the CD it was left on when they were messing with the batteries I'd pull it's fuse, leave it a few minutes then put the fuse back and leave it a while to sort itself out to see if that works, you will have lost the buttons memory no doubt but not a biggie to retune them.

.....or, if it's a 58812 unit, renowned for self destroying its own CPU, and purely coincidental the new Battery was fitted and it blew....? If that be the case, much cheaper to get whole unit on eBay rather than have fixed (also on eBay....).Been there.

Many thanks for replies..have tried pulling fuse etc to no avail... The model is 86120-42130 so will have to try and find one! Do all the numbers apart from the model 86120 have to be tthe same???

Jim

What is model number on face of unit, Jim....?

58812, seems to be fairly standard radio but has the volume etc on the steering wheel.This I could live without if another radio would fit?

Jim

58812, seems to be fairly standard radio but has the volume etc on the steering wheel.This I could live without if another radio would fit?

Jim

Come up quite regularly on ye bay.....me off to look too......repair I had done £99.00 ffs......worked great though.

Going by the prices on eBay for the few that are available, the expensive Scottish repair to your own looks not so bad after all !!

At least that way in comes back properly fixed and warrantied like ma wife's did.......not blinked in 3 years since repaired.

Hi,I may well have to go down that route incidentally had a word with a toyota mechanic who had never heard of this happening on a batt change plus it's not poss to fit the Battery the wrong way round! He did suggest they always pull the radio fuse first...will keep my eye on eBay for a while you never know.

Jim

• Like 1

Pound to a pinch of salt it was just wan of those life's coincidences, Jim.......these units chuck it to a band playing I was assured.....if I see anything ah will drap thee a note, min.

Big Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Have now located unit on eBay and works fine.Many thanks for the help and suggestions.

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links