Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Video On A Posher Iq

The Aston Martin Cygnet's being made in this video look really good, and if only a nice little win on the Lottery or EuroMillions would come in... Choosing the trim and colour... difficult, but Black and Orange sound nice, black out, orange inside. If you look near the bottom of the page there are more videos to choose from on the Cygnet. Would I want to park it at Tesco's and leave it to the chance of a moron doing something to it? Not so sure about that.

mmn

Arm rest, cruise control and heated seats. I did find the wiring for heated seats hidden in the blanked off compartment next to the anti-skid button Toyed with fitting heated seats when i fitted the leather seat kit but didn't in the end.If your buying a new iQ suppose you may consider it for similar money

David

Lovely video Bob

I fell in love with it all over again

David

It's a pity they didn't do some engine mods as well to give it a bit more poke. Might have given the Toyota owners some more after market toys to play with :)

Just been looking at the gallery pictures of the Cygnet and there are more subtle changes than I first thought. I thought they'd just added vents to the std bonnet, but it is totally different, it steps up above the headlight level as well. And the rear lights seem to go up and over the rear quarter light glass.

I think that I read somewhere that the Cygnet only shares one panel with the donor iQ and that's the roof.

To think that Aston Martin have cars delivered from Japan, disassemble them, retrim,respray, reassembled and (presumably) ship all the unused parts back to Japan using untold energy in the process. All to improve the green credentials of the company. Oh the irony.

I guess the big question is can a be serviced by a Toyota dealer ?

I would guess that due to the lack of engine mods the answer would be yes.

Hey this is starting to look like a viable proposition !!

I'm not sure about lottery win being necessary.

Some tidy low mileage examples coming on the market for the price of an extremely boring "normal" car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305246924466

Wow, for that kiind of price, for someone wanting to downsize to an iQ sized car, that should be an easy decision. Nicely spotted, and now I have to say, for me, I'd still need a lottery win, only not so much as I thought. That is also a very well appointed example, colour wise.

Lovely video Bob

I fell in love with it all over again

David

Me too, I never thought an Aston Martin would ever be so close to a buying proposition for more people, but now it is.

It's a pity they didn't do some engine mods as well to give it a bit more poke. Might have given the Toyota owners some more after market toys to play with :)

Agreed, it would be nice if it sounded like any of their normal produce. Imagine the surprise on someones face as you come roaring round the corner at 40 mph and they see a dimimuitive iQ/Cygnet pootling round the corner.

I think that I read somewhere that the Cygnet only shares one panel with the donor iQ and that's the roof.

To think that Aston Martin have cars delivered from Japan, disassemble them, retrim,respray, reassembled and (presumably) ship all the unused parts back to Japan using untold energy in the process. All to improve the green credentials of the company. Oh the irony.

I guess the big question is can a be serviced by a Toyota dealer ?

I would guess that due to the lack of engine mods the answer would be yes.

Hey this is starting to look like a viable proposition !!

Yeah, that would be a very cool proposition indeed. Why buy something 'normal' when you can buy one of those, and servicing at Mr. T even! Assuming they would do it of course.

Not sure I'd ever spend £15k+ on a little car like ours, whatever Badge it has on the front and rear. It would need either serious engine/suspension/brakes to make it worth while or I'd be looking at say a Fiesta ST.

Fish

Not sure I'd ever spend £15k+ on a little car like ours, whatever badge it has on the front and rear. It would need either serious engine/suspension/brakes to make it worth while or I'd be looking at say a Fiesta ST.

Fish

I don't think performance is what the Cygnet is about. If that's what you want, the Fiesta will be a better, sensible, value for money choice

But some times sensible goes out of the window because of the way something makes you feel. The Cynet is about being a bit different, being hand trimmed, being a lovely cabin to sit in, association with the Aston Martin brand and heritage. It is about why people spend thousands on a Rolex that will keep time less accuracy than a cheap Casio.

For some 15k could be the price of a !Removed! big smile when you press the start button and look at the Aston Martin logo on the steering .

It is inconceivable a Fiesta ST would make you feel like that.

Was in Mr T spares dept last week having a usual chat when a guy with overalls came in to pick up a iQ water pump. Nothing unusual until he turned to leave and across his shoulders was Aston Martin. Strangely i thought" oh, so the water pumps fail". I like the rear light cluster and my guess the hatch opener is under the lip. Nice as well

David